Dreaming.

Chapter Four

I couldn't tell if what I felt for Edward was unconditional, or uncontrollable. I knew it was both, and I knew I couldn't stop it anymore. My blood pumped for him. So much so I was okay with letting it stop for him, but the truth is told, I couldn't say it to his face. I heard a car horn, and both Charlie and Bella were gone, and I was in the kitchen, I walked to the front and peaked seeing him. I sighed in relief grabbed my bag, and stepped out. I walked to him and he had the door open for me.

"Chivalry isn't dead." I hummed and heard him laugh as he closed the door. We parked at school and I got out after he walked around letting me. Everyone started to stare, even his adoptive siblings. I smiled at my friends and looked at Edward, who suddenly wrapped his arm around me.

"Since I'm going to hell." He said looking at me and I almost laughed, leaning on him a bit as we walked.

****

"Soo questionnaire time," I said and he nodded. "Does one have to be dying to be turned.?" I asked and he looked at me as we walked through the forest.

"No, that's just Carlisle." He said. "We wouldn't do this to anyone who had another choice."

"So.. how long have you been a vampire?" I asked.

"Since 1918, Carlisle found me, dying of the Spanish Influenza. My parents had already died. The venom was excruciating, much worse than the flu itself. What Carlisle did, was much harder.."

"He bit you, but.. how, is it, yknow hard?"

"When we taste human blood, it's like a purge begins.. its almost impossible to stop, but he did, first with me.. and then his wife Esme. She fell off a cliff, and he found her in the Morge, her heart hadn't yet stopped, and he decided he needed to take her." He said and I nodded.

"So Carlisle is he the reason you don't kill people, or is that a more than one motive thing.?"

"No, I don't wanna be a monster Y/N."

"I'm glad.." I smiled.

"We call ourselves Vegetarians, sort of."

"Bloodatarians." I giggled and I saw a smile spread on his face. "Hey Edward.. was it other vampires that killed Waylon?" I asked and his smile diminished.

"Yes, we run into other vampires from time to time." He said and I nodded.

"Okay okay. Can the rest of your family read minds like you?" I asked and he laughed.

"No, that's just me, Alice can see the future. They're very subjective, the whole plot can change with someone changing their mind." He said and I nodded.

"Did she see me?" I asked and he looked at me, almost as if I should have assumed so.

****

I was walking out to my truck when I heard a bang and looked up to see Edward jumping off my truck. "Could you pretend to be normal? So my neighbours don't get suspicious." I smiled and he looked at me. "If you dented my truck."

"I could always get you a new one."

"No you can't, I don't need a new truck, mine is perfect."