Answered In The Land Of Knowledge

Summary:
A day after the 'hive-mind' incident, Paimon comes up with a question: Why do Alhaitham and Kaveh live together if they despise the other?

Note 📝:
In almost every single character dialog (except for encounters with the other sibling), 'you' are referred as 'Traveler'. Therefore, I put that instead of 'Lumine' as it is more accurate to the game.

This is written in an outsider's POV (point of view). That outsider happens to be Lumine.

—————

"Paimon knows they hate each other's guts but why do they still live together? Paimon's head is going to burst!" said the floating 'child' beside Lumine as they walked through the ever-bustling streets of Sumeru. She nodded absentmindedly to her small companion's rant, eyes still fixed on the open map of Teyvat in her hands.

It had been the fifth time Paimon complained about Kaveh and Alhaitham a day after they stepped out of the Alhaitham's shared house. The non-stop complaints sounded just like Alhaitham describing his roommate. She related to that. "Hey, Traveler, what do you think?" Paimon bounced slightly in the air, arms crossed with a cute pout. The traveler relaxed her hold on the map and folded it in half, tucking it into her bag, before locking her gaze on her companion.

Lumine's raises an eyebrow at Paimon's random question, interest piqued. Why was it that Alhaitham and Kaveh still live together? The blonde placed a finger onto the noisy being's lips, silencing her talkative companion. "You know, that is an interesting question, Paimon," the blonde admitted. She too wanted to know as well. It would probably be an easy question to solve considering they were in the Land of Knowledge. They had time on their hands anyways.

"Traveler finally agrees with Paimon!" Giddiness ran in her voice. Paimon pulled her hands towards her chest and closed her fingers into tiny fists, shaking them a few times. She swiftly raised them above her head and revealed her palms.

Lumine let out a fond chuckle at the adorable reaction her companion did. Though she found that companion of hers distracting at times, Paimon brought her the warmth of happiness. It wasn't what she asked for, but it was appreciated anyways. "Since we don't have anything else to do, let's do our own investigation."

"But Paimon is still sleepy after the whole 'hive-mind' mission!" said Paimon, later continuing to whine about her 'lost sleep'. The floating friend put her hands at her back and kept swaying her body from left to right. Lumine outstretches her hand and patted Paimon's head. She earned a small 'umpf!' in response.

"No buts."

"But Paimon-"

"I will make you sticky honey roast," the traveler said, a mischievous grin grew on her lips. She stifled down a laugh as her companion's face lit up from the slightest mention of Paimon's favorite dish. She would never reject an offer with Mora or food involved. That Lumine knew all too well. She has been traveling through the regions of Teyvat with Paimon sticking by her side for years after all.

"S-Sticky honey roast?! Count Paimon in! Where should we start asking? Ooo, maybe Cyno?" Paimon would have practically flung herself deep into the noisy crowd if the blonde hadn't gripped the end of her starry cape last second to stop Paimon. "Hey! What was that for, Traveler? That's it! I'm going to give you an ugly nickname!" said the floating 'child', head held high and arms crossed like a kid throwing a tantrum over a toy.

"Unless we're planning to be abandoned in the desert and you becoming my emergency food, sure." A tease directed at the fuming Paimon. Lumine felt as though her legs could turn limp from the laughter she withheld. Something related to a strained snort erupted from her instead.