Behind Closed Doors - SLIGHT NSFW.

Summary:
After Alhaitham was appointed to Acting Grand Sage three days ago, Kaveh rarely saw his husband.

Today, he gets the chance when Alhaitham came back to their shared house early.

⚠️Warning:
Implied/Referenced Sexual Content (This is mostly fluff.)

—————

The light knocks and jingling of keys had not stirred Kaveh the slightest as he continued with his watch over the simmering pot of stew set in front of him. He had already failed twice making it, he won't fail again.

Kaveh recalled the two past attempts. The first was when he accidentally burned the water- which was not logically possible unless he was that terrible at cooking. Kaveh considered taking Alhaitham's advice but shrugged it off a minute after. He'll prove to that idiot that he can indeed cook. The second was when he forgot to check the fire. The architect nearly had the kitchen roaring in flames but he saved it by dumping water onto the pot.

Fingers tapping on the counter, he watched as tiny bubbles began to form and burble. His lips formed into a smile of satisfaction. Finally. The blond looked to the side and picked up the wooden ladle sitting on top of the counter. With his other, free from burden, he grabbed the bowls which lay stranded beside it. He had not noticed that a pair of arms was snaked around his waist.

A warmth embraced his back. The weight of a person's head heaved itself onto his shoulder, light gray locks of hair clashed with gold. Hot breath tickled Kaveh's bare neck. He shivered slightly under its touch. The architect let out a contempt-filled sigh and hummed as he continued his work.

He ladled out a small portion, guiding it away till the ladle of pipping hot stew was pressed against the upturned lips of his lover. A gesture of invitation. Alhaitham graciously accepted the offer, sipping it away. Kaveh waited for a positive reaction. It was highly unlikely but there wasn't any wrong with having hope. Alhaitham's face showed surprise. A good sign for the blond.

"Sabz Meat Stew?" the taller man asked, licking the stew stains on his lips. Kaveh nodded, his heart deflated from relief.

"Mhm." A subtle reply was all he got from the architect who returned his gaze to the pot moments after, filling the bowls he held with its contents.

As he did, the blond felt a familiar warm sensation meet his neck. Then, a sharp bite. He flinched and shuddered at the contact. What Kaveh did not expect, however, was the lewd sound that come out of his mouth. He pouted at the man behind him, receiving fond chuckles that were soon engraved in his brilliant mind in return. The architect rolled his red eyes and paced towards the small dining room, placing the two bowls of stew on the clothed table.

He could hear Alhaitham's footsteps trail after his own. Taking his chances, Kaveh took a glance at his approaching feet and stomped on them harshly, resulting in a pained hiss and a furious glare. "Hah! Serves him right." Kaveh's mind yelled, and so did his expression. His mouth was tugged into a mischievous smirk, as though to purposely taunt the Scribe.

Alhaitham, still potentially annoyed- Kaveh couldn't tell, he always bore a stoic face, promptly ignored his existence, and sat down on the chair beside Kaveh's. He took out a book from Archons knows where and began reading the text with the utmost concentration, much to the architect's dismay. Kaveh shook his head in retaliation for the Scribe's behavior and began to eat from his bowl.

A few bites in, the blond nudged Alhaitham's leg with his own, silently pleading for him to finish his soon-to-be cold meal that he wasted an atrocious amount of time making. It would be an offense to him if the food was to be thrown out. The Scribe finally pried his eyes away from his book and faced Kaveh. The faint black circles underneath his eyes were first to be noticed by the blond.