Chapter 6 - Pretty Red Eyes

"Pretty red eyes, you know I see you."

F.P. POV
I wake up to a certain blondes arms wrapped around my waist and a familiar childish smile on the figure standing in front of me. "Huh?" I say, looking to my right and seeing Leorio next to me. Kurapika quickly gets off of me with a blush and Gon smiles even wider. "What happened?" I ask. "Man, that stings. How the hell did I get beat up so badly." Leorio asks rubbing his head. "My memory is so hazy, I can't remember." Leorio says. I nod and speak tiredly, "same here." Kurapika leans over and whispers something incoherent to Gon. "Gon." Killua calls out. "Killua!" Gon answers. "I was starting to think you weren't gonna make it here, Or that you didn't make it at all." Killua says. "I just followed the trail of Leorio cologne." Gon says. "You tracked his scent? That's how? Man, Gon. You really are weird, aren't you?" Killua responds which makes me laugh a little.

Satotz speaks in his usual loud but calm voice, "Excellent work, everyone!" He says, taking a short pause before continuing on, "The second phase will take place here, on Visca Forest Park. So, I shall now take my leave. I wish you all the very best of luck." He says as he walks away.

The two huge doors in front of us suddenly come open and crowds around to peer through. "Will all the applicants who passed the First phase please enter?" A women says. Everyone slowly makes their way through the entrance.
"Welcome all. I'm Menchi, your examiner for the second phase." She says. "And likewise, I'm Buhara." The big guy sitting behind her says. His stomach lets out a loud growl and all of us gasp. "What was that noise?!" An examinee asks. "Sounds to me like you're getting hungry." Menchi said. Buhara looked down at her before he says, "Not just hungry, I'm famished!" Menchi stands up, "Well, there you have it. The second phase....will be cooking!" She says.

Everyone gasps. "Wait what?" Someone says. "What do you mean, we're cooking? We came here to take the Hunter exam!" A man with a blonde ponytail says. "That's right. The second phase of the exam will be preparing a meal that'll satisfy our palates." Menchi explains cooly. "Why do we have to cook?" A man asks. Menchi smiles before answering, "it's quite simple really, Because we're gourmet hunters!" She says.

Everyone starts laughing and chattering. Menchi looks down angrily as she crosses her arms. Once the laughing dies down, the man with the blonde ponytail "So, you're both gourmet hunters. And what exactly do you want us to make?" He asks. "Buhara?" Menchi asks. Buhara stands up, "Today's required ingredient will be pork." He says. "Pork? You mean like pig meat?" A man asks. "Feel free to use meat from any species of pig in Visca Forest. As you see, you'll use these cooking facilities to prep your pork dishes. To pass the exam, you must create a dish to satisfy our discriminating palates." Buhara says. Menchi adds onto what he says, "But we won't be evaluating on taste alone. So take this seriously. Is that clear? When we've both eaten our fill, this portion of the exam will be over." Menchi says. The ponytail man sighs, "Okay, enough talk. Let's just get bro it. Alright?" He says. "Let the exam second phase....begin!" Buhara says, slapping his belly.

We all run out to the forest to search for a pig. "We got a pig and catch it, huh? Man, this is way easier than the first phase." Leorio states. "I just hope it's that simple it's that simple." Kurapika says. "I agree, but also how the hell do you catch a pi- woAH!" I yell as I slip and end up sliding down a hill and then crashing into Kurapika. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Killua yells to Gon. "I'm found em" Gon says. "Pigs!" Leorio exclaims. I look up and see pigs except they're chewing on.....bones?! "Uh..." I say. "They're all...chewing on bones." Leorio says. "Don't tell me...they're carnivores?" Kurapika asks.

"Oh shit!" I yell as we all quickly get up and start running away from the pigs. "Coming through!" I yell. Some men see us running their way and start running themselves but end up being struck by some pigs. "These pigs are inane!" Leorio says.