Chapter 4 - Sunflower

"Your a sunflower."

F.P. POV
My friends and I had been running for what seemed like hours. My legs ached and sweat dripped from mg face to the hard floor beneath us. "You alright, Leorio?" I asked looking at Leorio's limping form. "Yep! I still got some more juice left in me, you?" He said looking over to me. "I'm alright, but just look at all the drop outs!" Suddenly a kid on a skate board came rolling past. "Hey, wait up kid!" Leorio yelled. "Hm?" The boy hummed. "How about you show a little respect for the exam." Leorio said. "What do you mean?" The boy asked. Leorio growled. "I mean quit using a damn skateboard. That's cheating!" "How that?" The boy asked. "How? This is an endurance test that's how!" Leorio said. "No, it's not!" Gon said. "Huh?" "He's got a point" I added. "What are you two babbling about now!" Leorio asked. "The examiner guy only said we had to follow him. That's all." Gon said. "Yeah Leorio, stop making assumptions. What's your name?" I turned to the boy as Leorio scowled at me "Killua" The boy answered. "I'm Y/n, excuse my friend here. He's just a little jealous of your skateboard." "Hey, whose side are you on,
anyway?!" Leorio yelled. Killua skateboarder towards Gon then got off his skateboard. Gon and Killua managed to speed past the two of us.

Satotz started to gradually speed up and so did everyone else. "Leorio?" I asked turning back and seeing how far away Leorio was. "Leorio!" I yelled. "When did I even get all the way up here, ehh he'll just have to be alone." I said aloud to myself. "Y/n" a delicate voice said. "Kurapika? Oh I didn't realize you were here too." I said. "Weren't you with Leorio?" "DAMN IT ALLLLLL!" I heard a familiar voice yell. "There he is." I smiled brightly.

We continued to run and all of a sudden there was a gigantic stair case. "We have to run up all of these?!" I said. "Are you okay, Leorio?" Kurapika asked. "Great, I've never been better. If I forget how stupid I look, it's a whole lot easier to keep going. Oh and you, Y/n! You backstabbing bastard! If you wanted to hang out with your boyfriend instead, you could have just said that!!" Leorio yelled at me. I gasped as I felt my face heat up, "He's not my boyfriend!" I said glancing over at Kurapika who was blushing. "Uh-huh, sure.." Leorio scoffed.

Kurapika and I ended up copying Leorio and taking off our shirts. I had on a tank top under my shirt which made it s lot easier.

"Leorio, I have a question for you." Kurapika said. "What? First phase too easy for you, so you've gotta make it harder? Save your breath, Kurapika. You're gonna need it!" Leorio said. "Why do you want to be a hunter? Is it really just about the money?" Kurapika asked. I decided to stay quiet as Kurapika continued, "It can't be. We haven't known each other very long, but that's not like you. I mean sure, your attitude is terrible and you aren't too bright either." "Kurapika." I whispered in a "you know better" way. "But I know, shallowness isn't among your downfalls. I've known many people whose only passion in life was money. And I can tell your nothing like them." Kurapika finished as Leorio scoffed speaking up in an annoyed tone, "You've got it all figured out, don't you?" Kurapika looked down as he bummed to himself before speaking again "the scarlet eyes. That's why the Kurta Clan was targeted. The scarlet eyes are a trait possessed only by the Kurta. When our emotions are heightened, the color of our eyes will change, taking on a shade of scarlet. In that state, the color of our eyes is considered one of the most of the seven most beautiful colors in the world, and they command a hefty price in the black market." Kurapika said. "Wait...that means..." I started to speak but stopped "So, that's why the Phantom Troupe attacked you? Your eyes?" Leorio asked. "They plucked the eyes from each of my brethren's corpses. Not a single one escaped desecration. Even now I can hear them. The anguished screams of their darkened eyes. I swear on my life that I will capture the Phantom Troupe. Once I do, I'll avenge my clan by taking back their eyes." Kurapika said.

I couldn't help but feel bad for him. Having to live with the burden of his Clans death on his shoulders every day, it must be hard....even for someone as strong as him. He tries to hide it but I know he's probably a more emotional and attentive person than what he's letting on. I can tell by the way he talks about his clan. He's just like a sunflower.