Chapter 2 - Die for you

"It ain't working cause your perfect, and I know that your worth it. I can't walk away."

F.P POV:
I looked at the map. Hmm how weird...
"That's odd" Leorio said. "What is it?"Gon asked. "according to this notice I received the exam is supposed to be somewhere in Zaban city" Leorio said. "We're here and that tree is there which is opposite of Zaban" Leorio said pointing at the spots on the map. "Are you sure you hadn't misheard the Captain?" Kurapika asked Gon. "I don't think so, he told me I should go towards that cedar tree." Gon said. "This stupid notice isn't any help at all. It says the exams in Zaban but not where exactly" Leorio said. "Hmm..." I hummed. "This is another test to determine if we're worthy of the exam" Kurpika said. "I already knew that smarty pants! Would you give it a rest!" Leorio said."I think I'll check it out for myself. I knew what the Captain was talking about." Gon said walking away. "The bus to Zaban is gonna leave any second!" Leorio said. "The kids too trusting for his own good." He finished. "I don't think Gramps is the lying type. See you around guys" I said walking after Gon and soon Kurapika came too "I'm intrigued by the Captains advice but even more so by Gon's behavior."

Leorio came running after us. "I knew you guys would be lonely without me, so I decided to stick around a little while longer" He laughed. "Yup sure" you said crossing your arms.

Soon enough you had reached a weird town looking place. "Man this is one creepy place, there isn't a single soul" Leorio said. "No, there's a lot of souls actually" Gon said. "Yea including one in particular" I whispered turning my head to look behind me and glaring. "What?" Leorio asked.

Suddenly a door opened and an old lady came out along with some people dressed in white suits. "What's up with these guys?" Leorio asked. "Exciting" the old woman stated. "Exciting?" Leorio quoted. "Exciting" the woman repeated and Leorio said it after her again. "Tim for the Exciting multiple choice quiz!" The old lady said and some really bad music started playing. Man that hurt my ears.

"Let me guess...you want to reach the cedar tree. Well there's only one way to get there, you'll have to pass through this town first" The woman said. "You must pass a quiz comprised of a single question" "wait a second! What's going on here?!" Leorio asked. "You'll have five seconds. If you don't pass you'll be disqualified from taking the exam this year" The woman said. "Oh I see, it's another trial" Kurpika said.

"Lucky I'm an expert in quizzes! Wait, one question?! What kind of quiz is this?!" Leorio asked. "Yeah this quiz sounds kinda dumb to me" I said. "Your answer must be weighed the number 1 or 2, any other answer will be deemed incorrect." "We all have to share the same question? So if Kurapika here gets it wrong it counts for all of us?!" Leorio asked. Kurapika pitched in "not very likely. Although if the roles were reversed it'd be all but inevitable." he said. "You wanna repeat that?!" Leorio said. "It's okay! the good thing is that if one of us gets it right we all pass. Plus I'm real bad at quizzes." Gon sweat dropped. "Hey, hey. Hurry it up or I might answer it before the rest of you gets a chance" the man who had been following us said. "You." I glared at him. "Who the heck are you?" Leorio asked. "You don't know? He's been following us really close since we left the port" Gon said. "I'm sorry kid, I just couldn't help but overhear you conversation." He said. "So you used us..." I said. "He seems pretty eager to me. Should we let 'em go first, see what kind of question we should expect from them?" Leorio asked. "Sure" "Yea that's cool" "no objections here"

"You find out both your mother and your true love have been kidnapped by a group of evil villains and you can only save one. Choose 1 for your mother and 2 for your true love. Which do you choose?" The old woman said. "What kind of quiz is this?!" Leorio yelled.  "We seriously have to choose?" I whispered to my self. "The answers number 1. Lovers come and go, but it's your mom!, you can't replace your mom" the man said. "What?!" Leorio said. "Be fucking for real." I said crossing my arms. "You may pass" the woman said letting him go. "Maybe the trick is to tell the old woman what she wants to hear" the man said as he left. "There's no way that was the right answer!" Leorio said. "Yeah, that's crazy!" I agreed. "We're just supposed to say what we think she wants to hear?! What's up with that?!" Leorio yelled. "Say something! I've had enough of this! I'm gonna find my own way" Leorio said getting ready to walk away "refuse to take the quiz if you wish but know you'll be disqualified" the lady said.