chapter 19:the revolution

With Sebastian gone, zazi couldn't help but miss him.

He had only been gone for a day but he was all she could think about.

But also  she found herself thinking about Ondi, she was so focused on sebastian she didn't notice her close friend loved her.

This wasn't good. Anna adored and loved ondi so much, this would crush her.

She could only hope Anna didn't know how ondi feels for her.

She would get hurt.

She didn't know however that anna knew. The fact that zazi didn't know, never paid attention and even encouraged Anna made her not get jealous.

She felt disadvantaged cause ondi didn't trust whites and hated her family, she only liked her as a friend and tolerated Sebastian but after he got zazi he might not anymore.

The trip to mansion was quiet that morning as both zazi and Binti were deep in thoughts. Zazi felt her friendship with ondi was now awkward if not over, he was raising her bride price so he could come to her home and ask for her hand? Their village was still traditional.

If a man wanted to marry a woman he went through the father. It was the father who decided if he was good enough for his daughter. And her father saw ondi was an honest hardworking man who despite his parents losing their lives on the hands of the whites he didn't feel defeated, he stood firm and worked and remained strong.

Oww yeah, two years ago, his father was very ill. But as you know, being on your death bed is not an excuse not to work.

The whites didn't take that too kindly and whipped him to get him back in line because of his slow working pace. This made him collapse on the ground and shook violently.

In a blink of an eye, his old man was no more. His mother mourned for him. Her heart never healed, she was no longer the same without him.

Soon she became sick very often, with no will to live, with the heart that is damaged, no herbs could cure her. And she died after six months in her sleep.

His mother was one of those women who had it very difficult to conceive so Ondi was a miracle baby, and the only miracle the gods blessed them with. With his parents gone, he had no one in this world. This made his hatred for the colonist even worse, especially Jacob.

If it were up to him, he would have killed him with his bare hands. Him getting the news Anna loved him didn't change anything for him. How could he love the daughter of the man who killed his parents? Who oppressed his people and took their lives one by one?

No he couldn't. He hated them, all of them. Anna was a good girl but she was still one of them.

A snake births a snake. A tiger gives birth to a tiger. There was no way a tiger will give birth to an impala.

So Anna is just like her father, and soon the tiger will show its strips. That's what he believed. So he couldn't trust her. Not with his heart.

Binti was counting her steps to when she would reach to Jacob's office and spill everything.

That way she will get not only the money, but also the love. He would see she loved him even above her people. Ready to betray them for him.

She had just found out about the news and couldn't hold it in. Not even thought twice.

The leaders were waiting before they could inform the whole village. They wanted everything to be set and ready.

Ready to make the move and make sure the children and the women were in a secure place. But unfortunately for them, Odero's daughter Binti, was in love.