chapter 70: let's go find sister in law

Sebastian was watching all this quietly.

  Watching Martha flinch as his brother looked at her with anger.

His mind was thinking about what would zazi do if she fell off the cliff and managed to get away from the kidnappers.

She would try to follow Sebastian, of course. So she would go to their direction hoping to find a connection to the road. Why didn't he think about that before.

Before he could say his theory however, some guests worked in in the middle of that madness.

Roger and his original interpreter. And he had the results in his hand.

"Roger, we weren't expecting tou today." William said trying to make this situation a little less awkward as the brothers tried to calm Arnold down.

"Well the results were ready and i thought I should bring it as soon as possible. Is this a bad time?"

"No no. Of course not!"

"Results for what?" Arnold asked completely unaware.

"Arnold. Due to us being suspicious about the children being yours, for reasons you and I know , we called Roger Shepherd, a scientist who studies DNA and worked on the new advanced one. To help us know for sure if the children were yours. So we took lily's DNA and comparing it with mine, we got it tested."

"Wait wait... You stole my daughter's dna?"

"We are just trying to protect you. We wanted to know for sure if zazi was lying to you." Ester said

Arnold knew zazi wasn't lying to him. He knew Lily wasn't his child.

They both were lying to the whole world. He knew the results would come off as negative and the family would think that zazi lied. And Martha would feel validated for her actions.

"I don't want to hear about the results. I just want to know, how exactly would you even know if the children were mine?" He turned to Roger for this question

"Through the new advancement in DNA. Genetics are passed down from parent to offspring. So we look at the genetics. If they match,then you are related. So we would know if William is the grand father." He was translated this.

"If you are the father, i am sending out everyman in this compound to find zazi with you son I promise. Please Roger, let us hear the results."

Sebastian and Arnold's hearts were pounding hard but for different reasons.

Sebastian, knowing it would be negative making him the father.

And Arnold, knowing it would be negative making him not the father.

But what the translator translated shocked them.

"Relations were found in the DNA. William, you are little Lily's grandfather!"

What?

Ester felt tears free falling from her eyes. They had misjudged zazi.

Arnold was shocked but quickly rubbed it off as he was not supposed to be surprised at this. But how could his father be the grandfather?

"That means, Arnold is the father. Just as I told you!" Harold looked at his family's faces stressing every word.

Sebastian froze as a lone tear fell down his face that he quickly wiped away.
So zazi was telling the truth. The children were not his after all.

Lily was not his daughter. His son with Katrina was not his, now his daughter with zazi isn't his either.

It really was Arnold's. She really did give herself to someone after he left her for Katrina.

"You have to go get my daughter in law right now!!" Ester stressed

This woman gave her son something they thought he could never have. They had to find her quickly.

Martha was the one who was very surprised. So his brother got children even after his accident? So she almost burnt her nieces?

Guilt started making its way into her heart. What had she done? Why didn't she wait until the results? Oh no! She was a monster.

William was the grandpa which meant arnold was the father.

This makes martha guilty for what she did to the grandchildren. How she treated zazi and called her vile names thinking she was a manipulator. Now look at how stupid she was looking  for her actions.

Will Arnold ever forgive her? Will zazi ever forgive her? Will her two nieces ever forgive her? For nearly killing them.

She could have actually killed them if Sebastian hadn't accidentally seen them and followed them.

Imagine if that happened and then the results were in.

She could see the i told you so on Harold and Isabella's faces.

Sebastian and Arnold were both surprised in different ways , both trying to hide it from every one that they didn't notice when Alexander and Harold went to round up a search party.

"Brother, let me explain. I didn't know they were your children. I thought I was doing you a favor. I am sorry brother please forgive me. Katrina, she came to me saying she had a beef with zazi too out of no where. She came out with that idea. And i should have never agreed to it. My poor nieces. I feel so bad. Brother forgive me!"

Before he could answer, Alexander came running....

"Let's go find sister in law!"

Sister in law on the other side, was tired and her wound was bleeding again. She had been feeding the pigs and watering them all afternoon. Who knew they ate so much.

And in that state of being hungry, she had no choice but to take a bite from the pigs food. It was disgusting and slimy.

Hoping it wouldn't upset her stomach. She didn't need anymore problems

She couldn't change the dressing of her wound, she could only hope they stopped bleeding

It was just her first day and she was already so mistreated.

The man obviously saw her injuries and ignored it.

He didn't care.

He found a free slave and he would use her to his full advantage without a care in the world about her injuries or health.

The man looked scary and who knew about his punishments and how cruel they might be.

So zazi didn't even go any where far from the pigsty. She would go to the well to get water and that was it.

Since the food was just in the sty anyway. And that evening, she had to clean the sty from their wastes so they sleep in a clean environment.

That was when her wounds opened. But she  did it. Because one, she was afraid of getting punished in her state. Because two, she was going to sleep here as well. Better make it less stinky.