| brothers |

After what dragged on for what felt like years (it was hours), Leo was finally left alone. He wasn't stupid though, he knew that didn't mean his brothers would stop teasing him.

The minute he stepped out and one of them spotted him, they'd make fun of him, guaranteed. He'd do the same, but that didn't mean he had to like it.

Oh well, it's a new day. And if he woke up early enough, maybe he could avoid them all-

The sound of voices in the kitchen filled his ears, and he internally sobbed. The universe had no mercy, truly. He put on a brave face and headed into the room, hopefully the teasing wouldn't be too bad.

Who was Leo kidding? He was the one known to tease. Whatever they threw at him, he could take it!

No one outdoes the master. He thought triumphantly, but his bubble was almost immediately popped by his purple clad brother.

"So, when's the rejection?" Donnie asked casually, sipping his juice as he stared down at his phone. The absolute nerve to not even look Leo in the eyes as he began to roast him was honestly baffling.

"I figure the sooner you confess, the sooner you can move on." The second eldest Hamato let out a squawk of disbelief, and just as he was about to defend himself, someone else beat him to the punch.

"Come on, Donnie. Just because Leo doesn't have a chance doesn't mean you should be a jerk about it." The smile Raph sent him didn't reassure the blue cladded turtle. He knew that smile, it was when he was about to get even 'like a boss'.

Leo shouldn't have expected their eldest sibling to stand up for him in a situation like this. Raph may seem like a big old teddy bear, but that teddy bear can hold grudges.

I guess me teasing him about his awkwardness when it comes to anything romantic sorta set him off. Why did he have to do that last week? There wasn't enough time for Raph to forget that yet-

"Now, now, brothers. We should all be happy our sibling found love, no matter how unlikely it is." Mikey intervened, clapping his hands slowly. Leo groaned before he waved his arms around wildly.

"Ughhh! You guys are sore losers! Just let me get my coffee!"

"Actually Leon, it is suggested water can help reduce bad breath." Leo knew there was a catch to the helpful tip, and he was right, because: "I figured I'd help increase your already incredibly slim chances of-"

"Alright, I get it!" Leo said in an annoyed tone as he headed straight for the water. He pouted as he filled his glass up, his doubts getting to him. Yeah, sure, the butterflies were nice and funny, but his brothers had a point, even if they weren't trying to.

Chrissy is a human. There's no way I have any sort of chance. He thought glumly before an idea sparked in his head. Maybe he wears a cloaking brooch, like Sunita?! There's gotta still be a few of those around- Leo gasped as he then accidentally slammed his cup down onto the counter.

Just as his brothers began to grow a little concerned they took it too far, they all looked at each other in confusion at their brother's sudden movement.

Leo grinned, "Donnie, where would one find a cloaking brooch?"

His twin stared at him for a moment before sighing exasperatedly, "Sigh, I know what you're going to do, 'Nardo-"

"You don't know that, you could be way off-"

Donnie tried to explain. "Leo, disguising yourself as a human-"

"Will let Chrissy get to know me before we watch the Lou Jitsu movie this Saturday? Yes. Yes, it will."

"No. You'll only be hiding your true appearance, and dear brother of mine, that doesn't sound like a wise choice when you want him to accept you."

Leo frowned. "Well...no one said we couldn't just be friends. Who knows, maybe he'll be cool with it?" He shrugged, trying to act like he didn't care if Chrissy found him disgusting or inferior or a freak of nature-

He felt hands on his shoulders, and he was soon staring into his little brother's eyes. "Leo." Mikey stared at him hard before smiling big. "You got this, brother!"

Raph joined in, smiling, "Yeah! Go big or go home, Leo!" Remembering how that was the same advice he used when they were first starting crime fighting, Leo decided to store that knowledge for later.

He still felt his heart burst with joy as his siblings cheered him on with words of encouragement. They died down, all of them turning to the last brother who had yet to say anything else.

"Donald?" Mikey called, but only got silence in return.

Donnie stared at Leo before averting his eyes, shrugging. As he continued to stay quiet, Leo walked over to him.

"Don-Tron?" He smiled sheepishly at his twin, who glanced back at him. Donatello eventually sighed as he uncrossed his arms, giving Leo a weary smirk.

"I get first dibs if he messes up." Knowing his brother was implying beating up Chrissy and possibly putting him in a hospital, Leo just laughed and patted his shoulder.

"Thanks for the words of encouragement, mi hermano!" He winked. "Now, where would a handsome turtle like me get a cloaking brooch?" Donnie pursed his lips before groaning slightly.

"I have one in my lab. I've been working on it for a few months and-" Leo proceeded to rush past his twin, sprinting to said room. "Got it, thanks Don!"

"You're lucky it got out of beta last month!" Donnie called after him, watching him disappear down the halls. He felt a nudge on his shoulder a few seconds later. He looked down, seeing two familar orange masktails.

"Mikey?"

His younger sibling had a serious look on his face, fueled by anxiety and fear. "Nothing'll happen to him...right?"

"Don't worry, guys." Raph came up beside them, smiling determinedly. "Leo can handle himself. He's our leader, and he's always been strong."

"Just be on the lookout for any flinching or other strange behavioral signs. As well as new bruises, cracks, or scars." Donnie told them, and it was an unspoken agreement for all of them.

They'd protect their brother, no one was going to hurt him.

It won't be like last time. They'd do whatever it takes to ensure that. They all managed to heal quite nicely after the Kraang attack (so many nightmares, so much screaming and crying, so much trauma), they won't let anyone jeopardize their peace again.