Chapter Thirty - Four

Sweat mingled with unsi as Hibaaq's struggling body was pinned down by women who seemingly had the strength of a hundred men. Her limbs grew weak, but she could not accept defeat. She could not fail today, one way or another, Hibaaq promised herself she was getting off that gurney uncut, even if she had to fight tooth and nail.

She learned to solider through, bearing her grandmother's abuse, but today was not the day to grin and bear. It had finally reached the point where there was no option for endurance. Ayeeyo Warsam had shown her just how vile she can be. The realisation seemed to hurt her more than the strain of multiple hands that worked to hold her flaying body down.

Hibaaq ripped her throat apart with screams, screams that were swaddled behind a sweaty palm.

"Stay put!" Shouted the woman above her. Her hand briefly loosening over Hibaaq's mouth, and she swiftly took the opportunity to sink her teeth into the rough flesh. "Aaaaaah." The woman shrieked sooner an unrelenting fist came down to connect with the side of Hibaaq's jaw. "You bitch!" She spat.

"The more you resist, the more painful it's going to be." Said the elder lady grabbing a hold of one of Hibaaq's meaty thighs. She had one of her accomplices bring her an unsanitary looking scissor from the table of tools and inched it dangerously close to the area of target. She pressed the cold metal just above the sensitive skin. Hibaaq hitched her breath, her midsection tightening as she tried to wriggle away from the weapon.

"Don't.. touch me." She breathed. With a maddened screech, Hibaaq managed to free one of her arms as she dug her nails into the hands that trapped her, then her legs kicked high and mercilessly into the face of the elder lady. An abrupt action that may have costed a little too much, as the scissors that had been pressed between her legs lacerated her most intimate part. The searing pain that shot up from the wound to her stomach was unbearable. Hibaaq rolled off the scratchy leather and to the carpeted floor with a heave, but she hastily gathered herself up. Although fingers still grabbed at her and her dress, she was almost free. One woman succeeded in seizing her hijab. Before she knew it, it came off entirely and the back of her dress had been ripped. The remaining material pooled to the small of her back. Hibaaq continued to tussle through the mass her eyes set on the front door. She pushed and clawed and sank her teeth into anyone that got in her way.

"Do not let her leave. My name isn't Warsam Hussein Aden, if I don't cut you myself!" She heard her grandmother bellow, the sound of her cane nearing the chaos. It only made Hibaaq fight harder because she knew the moment she laid her eyes upon her grandmother's face, the face her beloved father took so much after, her legs would simply give out along with her willpower. The leverage that blood seemed to have over her was appalling

Through the thick and thin bodies that shielded her escape and tried to disarm her resolve, Hibaaq grasped at the door handle through the loop of a random arm and forced it open, throwing down a bunch of women along with herself. She was the first to collect herself from the gritty surface. Her feet hammering against the ground as she ran towards her temporary safe haven. Once Hibaaq reached her car, she wasted no time swinging the door open and diving inside before slamming it closed sooner an odious excuse of a woman could lay another finger on her aching body.

"Argh!" She cried out as her finger felt around for the keys in the ignition. Then she spotted it on the ground outside, she didn't know what she would do without that bulky cherry keychain that was attached to it. She silently thanked her father for gifting it to her along with his burly strength that she so clearly inherited. The women she left behind helped each other up from the ground and dusted their garments off before they all collectively came charging at her. Hibaaq quickly exited her car and lowered herself on the gravel to pick up her keys, but it was too late, one of the women had caught up to her too fast. She was suddenly on top of her, then the woman attempted to pummel Hibaaq's face with sturdy fists, though Hibaaq wouldn't allow it. She pushed up and slammed her forehead into the woman's slender nose; undoubtedly breaking it by the squelching crack it made.