42 - Where?

The first sign something was wrong was when Olivia received a call from her brother. Ian said, "Is it true?"

"A lot of things are true." She didn't know what he was referring to. Maybe he had heard where she was.

"Lilli told Ainsley you are pregnant."

"What? Who told Lillian?"

"Who do you think? Zach."

Olivia felt nauseous for the first time in weeks. "Zach knows!"

"Does that mean it's true?"

Olivia closed her eyes - her mother, Shaun, Sarah, and Stella. Emma hadn't called her, so it had to be her mother.

Tears broke the barricade. "Mom was supposed to keep it secret."

"Mom knows? Liv, what have you done? Whose is it?"

"It wasn't planned if that's what you're asking. You are too smart and perfect to make a mistake."

"Liv, everyone makes mistakes. Please don't be mad at me."

"I'm mad at mom. Now everyone must know." She squeezed her eyes to stop the tears. Max must know. She wanted to tell him. "I'm not mad at you, but this isn't how it was supposed to go. I wanted to tell important people like you. God, I hate being in the rumor mill."

"Liv, you've been one big rumor since you ran away."

"I know. I know. I thought it would be best if I took some time for myself."

"Why the secret?"

"So people would leave me alone. I only answer the calls I want to and mom's may not be one."

"I wouldn't be too hard on her. She probably told Kurt."

"She should know better. He can't keep a secret and neither can his sister." She sobbed.

"Liv, don't cry. Are you with the guy? Will he take care of you?"

"No. He doesn't know. I'm with friends."

"Not the Dees."

"No. Not the Dees. Congrats Uncle Ian."

"I'm happy if you're happy."

Was she happy? As awkward as it was she had a part of Max to hold on to forever, even if he never loved her.

"I think I am. Even if I end up alone. I always wanted to be a mother. I'm not eighteen."

"No. I hope you get along with the father. You may be bound for life."

"Like mom and Andrew?"

"Exactly. How can I not love your baby?"

"You're a good brother, Ian."

"Liv, I love you."

"Me too."

She hung up on her brother and called her mother. "Mom! You told him!"

"What? Oh, no!"

"Ian just called me. He knows he's going to be an uncle."

"He kind of is with Violet's baby."

"You know that's not what I mean. Everyone knows! Zach knows!"

"Olivia, Zach is married you have to stop."

"Mom, don't you get it? You never did! He has only ever been my best friend, never my crush."

"That's water under the bridge. He's married and you are having someone else's baby."