She had the guts, she had the courage and she did what was required of her.

It was always written that the monsters who lurk in the sunlight will let their mask slip. Leading to their traits and crimes to be thrown into the spotlight.

For them to be consumed by the evil that they spat out.

Her phone began blaring snapping her out of her thoughts.

Taufiq.

As she went to swipe with her other hand, she couldn't but stop as she noticed a couple.

They both painted a beautiful portrait, him on his knee holding up a ring between his fingers, her squealing in delight, joy and surprise.

She smiled, such a beautiful intimate moment. Pure, untainted by social expectations, not a camera in sight, just pure emotions and actions.

She unwillingly pulled her eyes away, as her phone began to ring again.

Taufiq.

She sighed in distain as his incompetence was unmatched, even for a grown man.

"Yes, Taufiq."

"The van's not coming for an hour, they had an overlap with bookings and can't provide us with an alternative."

"Just an hour?"

"Probably longer with the tone he was speaking in."

She sighed, heading to her car promptly.

"I'm coming."

She cut the call and slid into the red leather seats of her Jaguar.

Her plans for the day were ruined, she had intended to take out all the kids and staff for a day out, she had done so for the other orphanages. This was meant to be the final one and she had promised the kids so much, she had filled their ears with niceties , only for them to not go today.

Her shoulders sunk as she closed her eyes. She kept herself occupied, today had been the first in a long while where she allowed herself to be alone with only her thoughts. And those thoughts ran right back to him, despite her best efforts of trying to bury him in the back of her mind.

She could only pray for his well being.

Her eyes drifted to the time on her dashboard, her mind calculating the time until asr prayer. These years had done good to her, her emotional wellness, her physical health, her business, her philanthropic projects, and lastly her connection to God.

The connection that was lost in marble walls had fallen into her lap.

One fortunate day following a night of horrible night storms, led to Alayna having to pick up a fated phone call.

The imam of one of the masjids. He called telling her that the ceilings were dripping, disturbing prayers and making it hard for any ibadaah. She agreed to be there in a couple hours time.

When she went to examine the damage along with an assembled repair team, that was when she saw it. A massive group of kids splashing water on each other within the masjid as their father's prayed in the mucky water. Her heart swelled as she made her way over there. The joyous laughs, the content, focused prayer, the dedication to all that was above.

She stood watching them in delight as the team went to assess the damage. The obvious one was the water she was currently wading through, in an attempt to catch the imam's attention, who was deep in a conversation.

She stood in her place as she saw they were still in discussion when she noticed a man go up to the kids, reprimanding them heavily.