twenty five: friends ≤ x ≥ lovers

"Yeah, yeah, red
Burning red"
___________________

"You really didn't have to come with me you know." Valentine spoke to the boy beside her. They were now on their way to a shopping mall for her to run some errands.

"Who said i was coming with you?" He smiled mischievously.

She almost believed him until she saw that smile of his. Despite the odds and even between the two of them, she knew him well enough to tell when he was lying or not.

Rolling her eyes, she fastened her steps right after bidding her farewell.

"Hey hey sweetheart, why are you in such a hurry." He ironically continued to follow her.

"Huh? Why does that concern you?" She put on an act. "I have to hurry in case I'm keeping my boyfriend waiting."

It took a moment for him to process what she had said, but once he did, he held onto her arm swiftly.

"Your what?"

"My mega crush."

"Why would you walk even further away from him?" He raised his eyebrows cockily resulting in her rolling her eyes once again.

"Someone needs to humble you down." She said before walking again.

"You keep me humbled." He shrugged casually. "Also yeah I'm following you to kill time. My class for academy got moved up a few days earlier."

"Go kill your time with someone else." Her words contrasted her tone, in which she was fighting her urge to laugh.

"That'd be boring." He replied.

Valentine had successfully purchased all the things her mother had asked to and was now making her way home.

Coincidentally, Heeseung's academy was also in that direction which made things a bit easier.

"Thank you for holding them for me." She looked at the boy with two occupied hands holding to bags of groceries.

"No big deal." He answered without a fight which surprised her a bit. Maybe all that bag carrying had drained him down.

Upon reaching in front of the academy, Valentine was suddenly receiving a call from her mother.

As she excused herself to walk to the side, she picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Oh hey darling, I'm just calling you to tell you that I've picked up Lav."

"Oh okay. I just bought the things you told me to buy."

"Thank you, ill see you home."

Eversince her father has left home officially, it was as if their relationship got even closer. It was warming despite no longer having a father figure at home. However, she was more relieved with the fact that despite her parents not having a good relationship with each other, her father was still in contact with his children.