sixteen: the ties between us

"Forgetting him was like trying to know
Somebody you never met"
_____________________

Valentine was never one to overthink too much but she couldn't help replaying the scene from the beginning of the week; Heeseung and library.

She couldn't understand why it bothered her so much which only made things worst.

So what if he was teasing her? Something so minor is nothing more than just a prank.

However, even with all the reassurance and reasonings she created inside her head, the topic of him never left.

He never left her mind the since the first time they met.

From her mini observation, she noticed how he changed a bit. No one would've noticed unless they were Valentine.

Heeseung paid in deep attention to everyone whom held a conversation with him, took his time to help others with their homework, joked with his peers, and even occasionally flirt with the female classmates.

It really gave her deja vu.

The first Heeseung she's known.

Perhaps the past weeks since his return were all just him warming up before he gets back into business.

Once a red flag,
always a red flag.

Though it was somehow bothering Valentine, she couldn't blame him after all. At the end of the day, she wasn't one to judge for his behaviour.

She was inspired by him anyway.

The pleasure of receiving attentions  compliments, admiration were unmeasurable, thus she continued it.

So far almost everyone she wanted to hear from has at one point made her feel special ... but why is it that out of everyone, she wanted him to say something about her the most?

"Ah Valentine, you bought a tie this morning right?" Sujin, one of her friends popped her bubble in which she was back to real life time.

"Oh yes i did." She pulled out the tie from her bag which was unopened.

"Looks like I'm the only one who needs to buy it." Sujin sighed.

Unwrapping the plastic, Valentine immediately tried tying her tie out of excitement. This tie was different as one, it was her new senior tie, and two, the design is different every year for the seniors specifically.

Trying again after her first attempt was a fail, she was so sure her head was getting lower and lower because she couldn't see where she was messing up on.

"Hanbin, why don't you help Valentine out." Sujin whispered to the boy who was beside Valentine.

Although Valentine had heard, she pretended to stay oblivious as her dignity did not allow her to admit to failure.

Not knowing how to tie a tie? Not every girlboss of her.

"Here, I'll help you." Hanbin offered in which Valentine reluctantly accepted.

There was no point in being so strong headed when the outcome was going to be worst than not accepting the help.

"Ahh, i dont understand why it keeps being uneven whenever i tie it." Valentine spoke whilst staying still for the boy who was now closer to her, tie her tie.

"It's alright." He chuckled. "You did good. Very close."

She smiled upon hearing his kind words. Despite not feeling convinced, she still accepted his compliment.