fourteen: she wanted to

"Regretting him was like wishing you never found out
That love could be that strong"
_________________________

Exam seasons were coming up soon and their literature class had already given their task for the term.

Upon reading the notification, Valentine mentally sighed as she read the words "This must be completed in pairs", already preparing herself for war.

It wasn't that she didn't want to work with her friends or whatnots, it was just the idea of having to share credits (validations) and making sure both parties does their part correctly. As egotistical as she could get, she knew she would be the one carrying the team for her pass results could speak for her.

Being dismissed for a break, Valentine excused herself from her friends as she predicted they were going to be discussing partners and topics for the major work.

Suddenly realising her legs have been guiding her to the garden, she took the time to water them. After Heeseung 'teaching' her how to use the water hose spray, she was willing to master this gadget if it was for the plants.

Whilst watering each row, she found herself lost in thought as she thought about what the teacher had said earlier.

The concept was going to have to correlate with the digression of time and the impacts it has on individuals. Although the question may sound tedious, Valentine found it quite easy.

All she had to do was to think of a specific point and expand.

The digression of time refers to moving on, but could also be approached as time being something that cannot be returned.

She thought about her own life as relating it back to her own self always helps in brainstorming ideas, especially when the time was a universal experience.

The change in time.

Change during the moving on of time.

Change vs time.

The difference between who i am and who i was.

The impact it has.

The impact it has on Heeseung who had known her since who she was but is now confronted with who she is.

What was their relationship like?

Friends? Or more than friends

Or just comfort strangers?

Past vs present.

Was it only her that changed?

She wanted to know whether he still cracked a joke before saying something serious.

She wanted to know whether he still had his favourite flower.

She wanted to know whether he still sees her as someone he used to know.

She wanted to know why he did that last time.

She wanted to know why he left so abruptly.

She wanted to know if he's ever missed her....

the way she missed him.

It was suffocating.

The more she thought about it, the harder it was to breathe.

Finding herself gasping for air, she quickly returned the garden pieces of equipment and ran to her location.

She felt eyes on her as she swiftly passed the students down the hallway. However, she didn't stop even when she had reached her destination.

"HEESEUNG!" Her voice echoed throughout the room despite it never being her intention to cause any interruption to the students' conversations.

Because of her radiated loud voice that had caught many by surprise, it was too late to back down now.

You either own it or leave it.

Own it with dignity and pride.

Leave it like a common coward.

The boy on the other hand was sitting peacefully whilst chatting with another person before being called out. Upon the tone and her sudden appearance, he assumed it was some sort of emergency. This was the first time Valentine had gone her way to see him, let alone the tone she yelled in.

That led him to a rush of panic and worries, thus approaching the girl before excusing himself first.

"Valentine? Why? What's wrong?" Desperate to hear her answer, she watched the girl catch her breath.

"Be my partner," She almost forgot the rest of her sentence due to her dishevelled mind, "for the project."

Although this was the last thing Heeseung had thought she was going to say, especially judging by the grand entrance she had made which caught everyone's attention, he was relieved to hear it was not anything bad.

As if the class was also anticipating for his reply, the atmosphere was heavy ... until it vanished.

"Of course, sweetheart."

He was like her breath of fresh air.