twenty four: his only exception

"'Cause loving him was red"
_____________________

New face meant centre of attention. However, only for the time being unless they were to be special like Valentine in context: her appearance caught their attention whilst her aura intrigued them more.

Words sure spread fast across the grade despite it only being the first hour. Most people were curious about the transferee but only to an extent of seeing them.

Although Valentine didn't really care that much, she did wonder who this person was. After all, new faces are always exciting.

As class ended quickly with break moving in, Valentine was chatting with Heeseung about a short story regarding her sister.

He was really the only one whom she felt comfortable talking about her real life.

"And look." She showed him a picture she took on her phone.

"Is that us?" His smile widen upon seeing the digital artwork.

"Apparently. Lav busied herself for an hour on her ipad last night drawing this." She laughed. "She also told me to ask when she was going to see you again."

"She loves me alot."

"Yeah almost more than me." She rolled her eyes in sarcasm.

"Are you picking her up today?" He asked since they got to end school early.

"Yeah. You coming?" She asked despite already knowing the answer.

"Of course. The little princess misses me so much." He joked until he noticed an unrecognizable figure approach them.

They both knew the grade well and with the rumour that floated all morning, it was obvious who he was.

"Hey! Nice to meet you. I'm Jaejun." He confidently introduced himself to the two friends.

"Heeseung." Heeseung forced a smile before going on his phone as he was no longer interested in the new boy. He knew he was not going to vibe with him. Well, maybe because the new boy did not exactly create a the best impression to Heeseung.

"And what about this beauty?" Jaejun's gaze landed on Valentine.

"Hi I'm Valentine." She smiled her charismatic smile. The one that was like a spell in which makes people want to see more of.

"Valentine." He repeated her name. "What a pretty name. Are you a foreigner?"

"Well I was born in Germany, but my ethnicity is Korean." She explained.

"So you can speak both Korean and German?" He asked curiously.

"And english." The corner of her lips slightly curved upwards out of the feeling of superiority. She loves that feeling. The validating type.

That was also another part of her that created a whole shell of mystery from the way people perceive her to be. Not only was she pretty and smart, her background was quite interesting let alone her name in a normal south korean high school.

"So impressive." Jaejun clapped once before getting straight to point. "Valentine, you're actually the prettiest girl I've seen in a very long time, i almost mistook you for an idol."

"I'm flattered."

"Is it okay if we exchange phone numbers? I'd love to keep in close contact with you." He winked which caused her to muffle a laugh.

Despite being quite blunt, she liked his boldness as she found it quite interesting. Today was his first day and was already shooting his shot with a complete stranger just because shes pretty.

"Ah i didnt bring my phone today and i cant seem to remember my phone number." She tilted her head in a sense signalling him to think of an alternative method.

"Oh? Okay i see. How about your social media?" Jaejun was determined.

"Hm." Valentine thought for a few seconds before agreeing as she typed in her username. "Hope you have a great time here. I'll see you around." She flashes a smile once more before leaving the scene to whereever she wanted to be.

"Wow...she's very popular." He observed her account and followers number. It was currently at 18K despite barely having any content. "Hey, does she have multiple phones? Because i swear i saw her on her phone as i was walking in."

Heeseung chuckles as he remembered the poor excuse she made up. "She doesn't give out her phone number easily.

"Do you have it? If so, help a friend out. She's really my type."

"I do." He speaks cockily. "But i suggest you give up on her, her standards are too high."

"And what is your relationship between her. I know she doesn't have a boyfriend." Jaejun was no longer smiling.

"I never said she has one." He shrugs before smirking.

"So what gives you the right to-"

"She doesn't like people who talk behind her back. If you're gonna say something, say it to her face." Heeseung's sudden shift in tone was enough to silence the transferee. "Since you're new here, i'll 'help a friend out'. She isnt who you think she is."

"What do you mean?"

"Between you and her, you're only playing her game." Heeseung states casually. it wasn't anything insulting as it was facts after all. "You can't play a player."

"Then how are you two getting along." Jaejun raised his brows. It made sense to have also heard about Heeseung. Where there was Valentine, there was Heeseung. They were almost like a combo.

"Where there are conditions, there will be exceptions." He replied before a short pause. Perhaps Jaejun was already a little intimidated as things did not go as he planned. "Oh no! Don't be scared, go for it by all means." Heeseung switches up.

It's one of his charisma/tactics.

The art of reverse psychology; manipulation.

It didn't matter too much to Heeseung because at the end of the day, he was going to be confident in the outcome.

It's true.

She was his only exception even during his playful days. Never has he ever thought of messing with her emotions for they were too pure to be meddled with.

So whether if the roles were to be reversed, he would allow her to be his only weak spot.

28/02/23
♡ ah february's over :(

- [luna]