one: lover girl ?

"Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street"
___________________

"Valentine. Please go out with me." The male in front of her spoke words of confession.

Her eyes widen by the sudden news as she uses her hand to hide the shocked expression on her face.

However, internally, she was unfazed.

In fact, one after another, it was more than just a deja vu. It was a whole repeating process.

From the very beginning when he first approached her, she was aware of his intention and only after 2 weeks of getting to know each other, his impatience led to this moment.

"I can tell you and I can be together. The way you look at m-" The boy was interrupted with her pitiful face.

"My apologies if you feel this way. It was never my intention to lead you." Her calm voice juxtaposed with his desperate expression.

He was confused and taken aback.

This was not the answer he expected at all.

"Look, I like you and all. But i can't see us together for we are nothing more than just school friends." She explains.

"But you said you like-"

Wrong.

It wasn't him that she liked.

It was his attention.

The validations.

And now it was about time she moves on.

"I like you the way i like everyone." She smiles innocently. "I hope we can still stay as friends." And with that she walks away leaving the rejected boy behind.

Although it was usual to feel anger, shame, or hopelessness after these events, Valentine's spell had taken effect.

It was all the same.

Despite the rejection, she could always still make them obsessed with her. Her words that give them hope as it was never a definite "no".

Nevertheless, it didnt matter for: no matter how many boys express their desire for her, no matter their personality nor looks, the ending is always the same.

Thus, she no longer date for real.

Valentine, the heart-breaker/lover.

01/04/2023
♡ april already?? ;-;
p.s im writting this book in no specific order hence if you see the dates not being sequenced, its bc i wrote those chapters before i this (or these...)

- [luna]