III

Jane walked into the main building of Jurassic Park, the morning sun shinning and giving the inside a light to see. But oh she wish she didn't.

Across the whole room laid body of the t-rex, scratches, bites and blood covering her body. The once strong life that filled her body disappeared, turning temperature of her body into cold and no spark left in Rexy's eyes. She's dead. The horrified t-rex trainer can feel it. The connection they shared every time they looked at each other or were in the others' one presence is unable for Jane to feel anymore. It's not there, anywhere. It just isn't.

What completely broke Jane is when her green eyes landed on five human bodies, the cold reaching her and she shivered. These are bodies of the ones she love and care about. Like Rexy, scratches, bites and blood covered Alan's, Ellie's, Ian's, Lex's and Tim's bodies. They are as much dead as Jane is alive. Eyes widen with no spark of life in them.

"No, no! What is this? What is this?!" Jane tried to scream her lungs out, only to come it as a thin whisper. She can't scream, she can't move, and she's losing her breath. Knowing how to breath is never forgetting thing, but it seems Jane's starting to lose the ability of breathing, choking on the air and her own sobs.

A sound very well known sound for the Grant echoed through the halls of main building and her body turned around by itself

A sound very well known sound for the Grant echoed through the halls of main building and her body turned around by itself. A velociraptor which tried to kill them the day they left island and attacked Rexy stood in front of her and before she know it, the dangerous dinosaur jumped at her, last being heard is Jane's scream.

"AAAAAAGH." Jane woke up into sitting position with scream, stopping once she realized it was only a nightmare and that it wasn't real. To make sure she's still not dreaming or back, from her pocket she pulled out her phone and a sigh of relief escaped her when it showed it's year 2015. I'm not back, it was only a dream. Everything is fine, everyone are alive. Rexy is alive. Repeat Jane in her head.

She looked around at her surroundings and groaned when her eyes landed on familiar big leaves, tall trees and jungle everywhere she look. Again she fell asleep in Rexy's paddock, at the same tree she fell asleep more than fifty times. But it's not her fault she visit Rexy at evening and forgot she's a human that should sleep in their cozy bed, not an uncomfortable tree that turn your back into easy snapping wood. (Oh, the sound and feeling it gives when you crack your back. Smooooth.)

Heavy footsteps rang in Jane's ears and she looked down at the t-rex she's been working with for 9 years now and she must admit, their relationship is much much stronger than anyday before. Rexy may be 5 years younger that Jane, it don't stop the trainer to take the dinosaur as her baby. One she's been caring for since 2006. Actually since 1993 when they first met and spent the night together.

Aparentlly, Jane is the only person Rexy let near her and will never think of eating her. Few times workers tried to enter Rexy's paddock, only for the t-rex to scare them away. So basically everything that they do from close does Jane, because she don't need to fear of being eaten by the queen of dinosaurs.