Chapter 13: Confrontation

Marcelo felt a knot in his stomach as he approached Ritixz's hideout. He knew he had to confront him about the manipulation, but he didn't know how it would go. As he walked through the dark corridors, his heart raced with fear and anger.

Finally, he reached the door to Ritixz's chambers. He took a deep breath and pushed the door open. Ritixz was sitting at his desk, poring over a map. He looked up when Marcelo entered.

"Marcelo, my friend," he said with a smile. "What brings you here?"

"You know damn well why I'm here," Marcelo said, his voice shaking with anger. "You've been manipulating me this whole time. Using me for your own gain."

Ritixz's smile faltered. "What are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb with me," Marcelo said, stepping closer. "I know you've been using your own magic to influence my decisions, to make me do things I wouldn't normally do."

Ritixz stood up, his eyes narrowing. "And what if I have? You're stronger now because of it. You've learned more than you ever would have otherwise."

"That doesn't give you the right to manipulate me," Marcelo spat.

Ritixz walked over to him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Marcelo, you have to understand. The stakes are high in this world. We're fighting for survival. Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do in order to win."

Marcelo shrugged off Ritixz's hand. "That's not an excuse. I trusted you, Ritixz. And you betrayed that trust."

Ritixz sighed. "I'm sorry, Marcelo. Truly, I am. But you have to understand that I did it for the greater good. I thought it was the only way to win this war."

Marcelo shook his head. "I don't know if I can forgive you for this, Ritixz. But I know one thing for sure: I can't keep working with you like this. I need some time to think things over."

Ritixz nodded. "I understand. Take all the time you need. But just know that I never meant to hurt you. I only wanted to protect our people."

Marcelo turned and walked out of the room, his mind racing with doubts and questions. Could he ever forgive Ritixz for what he had done? And more importantly, could he continue to fight alongside him in this war, knowing that he had been manipulated all along?