Chapter 3: Runes

Marcelo had been training with WildOutSider for weeks, learning the basics of magic and how to harness his powers. But there was one aspect of magic that he was particularly fascinated by - the runes. WildOutSider had told him stories of ancient magicians who used runes to cast powerful spells and enchantments.

One day, as they were walking through the forest, Marcelo spotted strange markings etched into the bark of a tree. He pointed them out to WildOutSider, who nodded knowingly.

"Those are runes," he said. "They can be used to channel magic and create powerful spells. Come, let me show you."

WildOutSider led Marcelo to a nearby clearing, where he drew a series of symbols in the dirt. He explained the meanings of each symbol and how they could be combined to create different effects.

Marcelo was amazed by the intricacy and power of the runes. He spent hours practicing and experimenting with different combinations, trying to create his own spells.

But as the sun began to set, WildOutSider warned him that it was time to stop. "Runes are not to be taken lightly," he said. "They hold immense power, and if used improperly, they can have disastrous consequences."

Marcelo nodded, grateful for the warning. He knew that he still had much to learn about magic, and the runes were just one small part of a much bigger picture. But he was determined to master them, no matter the cost.