CHAPTER: TWENTYTHREE

Walter Followed Ava, and Carly toward the comic shop.
Leaving out from the vehicle they were in, which was parked in an open space parking wheelchair space.
when they reached the entrance Walter was kind enough to open the door for them.
Carly said thank you, but Ava said nothing.
"Teens these days." Walter thought.
Once they were inside it was practically empty.
Carly gave Ava a look of amusement and quickly left with only him and her alone.
they stood there for a moment before entering further into the shop.
"So, you like Iron man more than Captain America?" Ava asked, looking towards Walter.
"Yes," Walter said.
"Why?" Ava said, slightly confused.
Walking over to a nearby shelf of comics.
and using her free hand to scroll through them.
"Because Iron Man had to carry a burden for his whole life and had to live on with that burden," Walter explained.
Ava looked at him for a moment confused as if he was either referring to himself or to the character that she was surprised that he knew.
She looked at him in shock.
"What?" Walter asked, a tone of both knowing the answering to her confused look.
"Nothing! I'm just shocked that you know this kind of stuff, most anthros don't know or like the stuff that Carly and I like." Ava explained.
"I know what that feels like," Walter said.
That's what caused Ava's attention to turn to him.
"What do you mean?" Ava asked.
as she went over to a shelf
Walker looked at her for a moment.
He saw the honesty in her eyes, her feline eyes full of curiosity and honesty.
Before he could say anything she turned her gaze to notice someone coming out from the back of the store.
Ava waved to the owner of the shop who was an old well athletic anthro male sabertooth tiger.
Who wore rectangular framed reading glasses on the bridge of his nose and a Star Wars t-shirt, a pair of faded blue jeans.
"Hey, Robert!" Ava said cheerfully waving to the sabertooth tiger.
"Hey Ava, how have you been?" Robert asked.
"Good, you?" Ava asked.
Robert shrugged.
"Usually, are you here for the next issue?" He asked.
Walter saw her ears perk up with excitement from hearing that.
"Yes!" She said.
Robert smiled warmly and walked over to the checkout desk, which Ava followed, and so did Walter.
Robert went under the table, pulling out to reveal a small box of what Walter assumed was the next issue of the comic that Ava was wanting to get.
"Here you go." Robert smiling.
Hnading a comic to Walter
"Thank you so much," Ava said.
As she pulled out her wallet and handed it to Robert, who took it with simple ease.
Robert brought his hands up.
"Of course, anytime," Robert said, chuckling.
That's when he turned to notice Walter.
Ava noticed Robert looking at him.
"Oh Robert, this is Walter, Walter, Robert. He's the owner of the comic shop." Ava explained.
"Well, it's nice to see another face," Robert said, revealing his hand for a handshake.
Walter took it, giving him a firm grip.
He gave Robert a handshake before letting go.
"It's nice to meet you, Walter," Robert said.
"You too," Walter said.
That's when Carly came on over to get the issue too which she did.
After she got paid, all three of them looked around the store.
While in the marvel comics section.
Ava would look at Walter while he was wandering around in the store looking at the comic that caught his eye.
"Ava."
She looked to see Carly was looking at her.
"Didn't you tell him. while I was gone?" Carly asked.
Ava hestintalny didn't answer her.
"...No." Ava hesitantly said.
Carly sighed, "You should."
Ding!
That's when a muscular muscled anthro male lion came into the store with two other male anthro lion goons.
Ava noticed them and quickly, thinking fast hid behind a comic issue she was reading.

To be continued