"Before we met, you and Leer and Emily were managing just fine. You were helping her, but she wasn't a lunatic yet. Then I came along and. ."

"Wait wait wait. Stop right there. Everything wasn't just fine. I struggled to keep her off alcohol. I had to work hard to make sure she got to work on time, all of that. It had nothing to do with you. If anything. . .your appearance at the club made me realize things needed to change. I couldn't keep living like that."

"Honestly?"

He tilted my head down to look into my eyes.

"Yes."

"Mila Tanaka, you've brought be back to life. I was walking around a shell of myself. Afghanistan took my soul, then Grey killing himself took what was left." He softly said, sadness laced in his voice. "But now. .a bit of myself is restored. I can feel it. And I don't ever want to lose you."

I softly kissed him. Letting my lips linger light as feathers.

"You won't ever have to." I whispered.

💋💋

His hands slid under my tank straps, lightly tugging until the fabric hit the ground. My mouth opened slightly as the air hit my bare skin. He followed the trail with his lips. His tongue softly skimmed, finding the outline of each breast. I closed my eyes.

Gripping the sheets, I leaned back. He snaked a hand along my arched skin, holding me in place. Continuing to kiss and lick.

"I'll always protect you Mila." He breathed.

I gasped as he trailed down my abdomen.

"And I'll always love you."

The words registered in my mind but barely. Pleasure shot through my entire body as he continued the love making. We were one. There was nothing more soul stirring than this. Just as God intended, though we weren't man and wife, yet.

He pulled me on top of him, using his hands to help me find the right spot. I threw my head back in utter pleasure. This was beyond what I thought I could feel. Before I could come undone though, he moved me underneath of him. Being dominant was in his blood. I imagined most Italians to have that fire in them, though I could be wrong.

"Mila. ."

He slowly rocked in and out, my hips glued to his rhythm.

"Luca, I love you."

I finally said it. Once the words came out, there was no putting them back. He looked deeply in my eyes as we continued to move. Whatever he was thinking, it was good. The hazel seemed to glow. We didn't break eye contact once, as he filled me.

"I love you too. ." He huskily breathed.

This marine, my marine, he was what I needed all along.

I felt the telltale tightening than a rush of pleasure as I came. Luca began to come too, both of us moaning. It lasted a long time, just as it had before when I was the recipient of his oral skills. But I didn't care if I passed out. I was right where I wanted to be.

In his arms.

💋💋

I dreamed of my parents.

They were in a beautiful field with wildflowers and tropical plants. We didn't talk, or even try to. They were a good ways off in the distance but I could see them smiling at me as they held hands. I felt warm and happy.

"Hey babe, let's get some water. ."

Luca woke me. I didn't feel sadness though as I would have in other instances after dreaming of them. This time I felt happy.

"Is the grin for me?" He asked, kissing softly on my neck.

"Yes." I said, stretching.

He cupped a breast and got back onto the bed.

"I could touch you all day."

"Mmmm." I moaned, rolling onto my stomach.

I was sweaty and so was the bed, damp with our loving making.

"You're killing me woman." He laughed, grabbing an ass cheek.

"Before we go pick up Emily from the day care, can we go to the beach?" I asked, my voice muffled by the bedding.

"I thought you'd never ask."

💋💋

The sand was warm from the days sun, and glowed in the heat. I loved this part of the day. People were tired from work and didn't usually linger here for very long. Plus Bellows was not high on the tourist destinations so wasn't often too crowded midweek.

"I can't believe you quit the Exchange, just like that. You didn't have to do it quite yet."

Luca was still lingering on my quitting, which was cute. He couldn't fathom that as he was stuck in his job. One simply doesn't just up and quit from the military in one phone call. It takes a process of months and often unfavorable action.

"Nonsense! You need help with Emily, I have money to pay all my bills without working. It was an easy decision."

"I'm grateful for the help. . ." He said, grabbing a handful of my ass. "I just feel bad. I don't want you to have to do anything."

I turned so he was looking at my face, walking backwards in the sand.

"By now Mr. big bad marine, you should know that I am only going to do what I want!" I laughed.

"Oh, I know that!" He laughed back, setting the towels and surfboard down. "You are about as independent as they come!"

I shrieked as he hefted me up over his shoulder and walked us to the surf. I tired to get out of his grasp but he was having none of it. Luca was built with muscles that had muscles. There was no way I could escape. The waves crashed over his thighs and then his waist and we went in deeper. Once he was up to his chest he released me. I clung to him as a wave hit us, locking lips and letting the salt mix with what made us, us.

"We will have to walk home wet. . ." He laughed.

"Yep. Just like the last time you and I were on this beach!"

He looked genuinely confused and arched an eye brow. Another wave hit and pushed me into him.

"We didn't get that wet the night on the beach. You were drunk, but I wouldn't let you go in."

"I know." I winked.

He caught on to my innuendo and his cheeks colored.

"Did I make my marine blush?" I teased.

He picked me up and secured my legs around his hips. Our faces were right next to each other. Another wave hit but he braced us pretty good. Then he leaned in, his lips dripping with salt, and kissed me. We deepened the kiss. I felt lost and found at the same time. Sensations coursed through me like the waves were upon the beach.

This place, this marine, the timing was exactly as it should be.

I was alive again and I found the thing we all secretly long for.

Love.

**This story is only found on Wattpad. If found on another site, it was stolen. Thank you for reading.💋**