The Marine

"What did the police say?"

"NCIS is taking over since this started with her breaking out of confinement in the barracks."

Luca stood in the doorway, undoing his work top. He draped it over the couch and stretched. His muscles flexing as he did.

"But the arson took place off base, so she's going to face civilian charges too. She's being held in the county jail until jurisdiction is decided."

Last night was one of the craziest nights of our relationship, hands down. Leer had gotten ahold of alcohol, broken out of confinement in the barracks and then made her way to Luca's. She'd placed a bar on the door so we couldn't get out and set it on fire using some type of accelerant. The fire marshal was still obviously investigating. Luca was allowed back in late, to retrieve our stuff and his. He lost the living room furniture and kitchen stuff. It all was blasted with water and covered in smoke.

"I saw Terry on my way in. Stopped to say hi, and let him know what's going on."

He put his hands on my waist, kissing my forehead.

"He came home a few hours ago. I walked over and we talked too. He really likes you Luca."

"I like him too."

"A marine thing, right?"

He chuckled and thumbed my lips playfully.

"Yep. Definitely. He's going to watch your house he said, while we're gone."

"I know. I asked him to. He was here constantly anyways with grandpa so he's happy to do it. Plus he says I have a better TV and sound system."

"Oh did he now?!" Luca laughed.

Swiftly, and without warning, he picked me up and sat me on the counter top.

"I can't help but think I've brought all of this on." I said.

This was my greatest fear.

"What are you talking about babe?"

His hands lightly ran up my legs stopping short of my shorts hem.