The First Time

Music blasted

Music blasted. 

The bass traveled up my toes, my calves....up to my thighs. I felt the sexy tendrils drumming towards my center, up further still. It elicited wild thoughts and caused my mind to open as if not aware of its surroundings. I moved in time, winding myself softly but rhythmically. I came alone but knew there would be guys here. So many surfers and a good chunk of locally stationed marines. 

The warm early evening breeze swept through the outdoor dance floor. It lifted my hair, sending the loose strands that had escaped my top knot to dance around my face. I closed my eyes. The suns final rays were on my back and felt so deliciously warm. As I moved in time to the beats I felt a pair of hands on my hips. My eyes opened. There was a mystery man behind me. 

His fingers held me firmly but not too tight. It was nice. The sensations traveled the length of me. Going to this dance club meant you'd get touched, it just did. I had had enough of being stand offish anyway. It was time to rejoin the world around me. I began to slow with the music. My ass ground backwards, but still didn't make contact with whoever had claimed me as a dance partner. 

But I wanted to see him. 

With each bass hit, his hands moved up to my waist, still spaced evenly in grip. He might be a marine. 

A marine...

My mind raced at the prospect. I had seen them every day at the base near my house. Saw them going into the water, swimming, in full uniform. They trained on the beaches of Marine Corps Base Hawaii/Bellows day and night in rotations. 

I turned around to face him. This possible marine was taller than me, by quite a bit. But with my heels on, I was at his collar bone. I didn't look up at his face though. I couldn't. The music spurred me onwards. Instead I let my hands reach upwards towards his chest. He tensed when they grazed the tight shirt he was wearing. Then I let my fingers clasp behind his neck. His skin was warm. It felt good.

We danced and his hands got gradually tighter, then moved back to my hips. I felt sexual and it scared me. It had been so long since I'd felt this way. The song began to slowly end. What was I going to do now? I let my hands slip from his neck and down to his biceps. They tensed as well under my touch. The DJ was quick to fade to another song, this one a bit more upbeat. 

I couldn't pry my hands off of this man touching me so I let myself ease back into a steady rhythm with the music. He took my staying as an invitation, and pulled me closer to him, sliding a leg in between mine. I ground down on him, letting my head sway slowly. Closing my eyes again, I let my mind be transported to a foreign place, far from Hawaii. 

The club liked to stay 'hip', more for the marines than the locals. They tended to spend more money than surfers did. As such it became a contest to see who could get the most local women and left behind marine wives. Or so I was told by my neighbors. This was my first time here. Either way, I relished the feelings this dance partner was showering on me.