Day Four

Day four

I had already been up for several hours when a knock came from my door.
I had been awake contemplating my life, what the meaning of everything going on was. What I was meant to do here.

"Y'a," I responded to the knock. Signaling for the person to come in.

"Morning Nairna," Tomas says, opening the door before taking a step in.

He looked around the room for a quick second to find where I was. The room was small enough to have it not be too difficult.

I was sitting down on the side of my bed, tying my shoes. I had changed into green cargo pants and a brown tank top.

"Hey Tomas," I replied as I finished tying my shoes.

"Busy day for you? Picking a job and all," Tomas tried his best to make small talk. It was better then awkward silence at least.

"Y'a, I guess," I shrug and stand up. Rubbing my right shoulder that was soar. Yesterday was spent rebuilding most of the gardens. Everyone pitched in, even the head empty builders.

"I'll try my best to help you find a job, even if I am the just the greenie before you," he chuckles. I nod back.

"Ok then, show me the way," I make my way to the door and follow him out.

I was used to the sun by now. My hut would get streets of light through the crackles that framed it to look nicer then it was. My eyes easily adjusted to the bright of the day.

"So you probably know about most of the jobs. Newt is very informational," Tomas laughed, adding a sarcastic tone to the second sentence.

"Is there a job that you think would suit you best?" He asked as we walked through the open part of the glade, walking east.

"I haven't thought about it that much but maybe gardening or being a slicer,"

"Seriously?! A slicer, you sure you're up for that?" Tomas seemed surprised by the fact that I was interested in the job.

"Y'a, I mean you get to take care of animals. Then help provide for the gladers," I shrugged, looking at the ground out of anxiety of rejection.

"We'll it seems like a nicer job if you say it like that," he swipes his hands through his black hair, looking back at me.

"I can't tell you much about being a slicer. I never had the interest. But Minho knows more about it than me. You should talk to him," he suggests. A group of you get gladers pass on our left.

Tomas takes his glance from me back to looking around the glade.
He catches his eye on a familiar runner.

"Hey Ben, have you seen Minho?" He calls over to the boy.

The boy, now known to me as Ben joggs over to us.

"Haven't seen him for a couple hours but I heard he just made it back from the maze. He's probably in the map room," Ben tells.

"Great thanks!" Tomas pats the boy on the shoulder as we keep walking, leaving the blond boy behind.
Tomas makes a left turn to walk in the direction of the forest.

"You can't come in the map room but I can get him," Tomas says.
We continue into the forest, walking till we see a medium sized round hut. I assumed this was the map room.

"Stay here," Tomas Higgs over to the hut, leaving me standing about 10 feet away.

I don't like being left alone so to keep myself company I look around. In search for something to do.
I walk over to a tree that looked to be pretty young. It still had branches near my height.
I took my left hand to a firm, older branch that was just in arms reach. Once I get a firm grip I hoist myself up with both hands. I take a seat on the branch. Looking to see if there were more places to perch myself on the tree. I look to see another place that was relatively close. A little higher up.
I adjust my position so I'm on my toes, lunging myself to the second branch. Hanging there for a second before swinging onto it. Legs around the wide, thick branch. Steadying myself, I see the two boys walk out of the map room. It had only been a quick minute but they both came out laughing.

I can see Tomas looking around the area for me.

"Nairna!" He shouts when he doesn't see me on the ground.
I laugh to myself. Swinging down the branch, hanging onto it with just my hands.

"Y'a?" I ask.
Both the boys had their mouths agape. They had obviously underestimated my tree climbing abilities.

Sorry this is so late! My horse threw me off and I tore a lot of muscles in my hands, neck, and leg , but here it is, hope you enjoy!
Also I have a proofreader now! Thank you @rin-the-knight !