Chapter Five: A Glimpse Into the Corruption

No sound could be heard besides the sound of them breathing and Grian's beating heart as Jimmy opened his mouth. "Repeat that?"

"You called me by my name, how did you know it was me?" Cute-Guy asked, as his wings fluffed up in defense.

Jimmy fell silent as he realized his mistake.
He didn't mean to call Grian by his name.

"Um, you se-" He was cut off by a loud intake of breath underneath him, he let go of the figure completely taken back.

"Holy shit, my teacher is Cute-Guy!" Tommy exclaimed in surprise as Jimmy let go of the younger avain staring at his brother.

They had both temporarily forgotten Tommy was there.

"Fuck." Jimmy mumbled as Grian quickly looked around the room.
He turned to the teen worriedly "Tommy, you can't say a thing about this okay?"

The teenager rolled his eyes. "Well duh, everyone knows you have to keep the superhero's identity secret or else the villain will go and kill you in civilian form, my lips are sealed."

The other two sighed in relief as Tommy grinned brightly, hiding the dread that was slowly filling him.

The voice in his head hadn't left, and it still wanted Cute-Guy's identity.

Luckily as far as Tommy knew the voice only worked when he slept.

It would take over his dreams.

He opened his mouth to say something as the door was suddenly opened by Hot-Guy who was limping just slightly.

"Sorry for being late, did I miss anything?" Hot-Guy asked as he stared at the three avains who looked at each other uncomfortably. "Um? Wow, there are a lot of feathers, hopefully, I'm not allergic." He teased as the three gave him a small chuckle.

Jimmy clapped his hands together and gestured to the two chairs at the desk. "Please take a seat. Tommy and I have cracked the pattern."

Hot-Guy grinned excitedly. "Oh, what is it!"

Jimmy smiled as he nodded to Tommy. "Go ahead, Tommy."

The teen grinned proudly as he handed the folder over to the heroes. "They are all hybrids, that's the only pattern in all of these attacks. The chief and I scoured these for quite a few hours looking for anything else hidden."

Scar nodded as he flipped through the folder, as Cute-Guy leaned over him. "Thank you, that's really helpful."

It only helped solidify that the watchers were really behind the attacks.

Grian snapped up quickly as he turned to Tommy. "Tommy, I need you to tell me something. Have you had any side effects from the skulk infection in any way?"

The teen froze before nodding slowly. "You'll think it's crazy, but this voice was speaking to me at one point."

Grian nodded. "What has it been saying? Any phrases in any way that seems familiar or odd?" He ignored the strange look that Jimmy was giving him.

He couldn't say it.

Tommy knew it was the right thing to tell the superhero that the villain had been communicating to him through his mind.

Tommy wanted information though, so he couldn't willingly give up his lead.

Tommy nodded as he took a deep breath. "I mean I did hear a voice before I got corrupted they said that they were only ever meant-"

"To watch," Jimmy mumbled in horror, his wings fluffed up in fear as Cute-Guy nodded his head, the expression glum.

The teen looked at his adopted guardian in confusion. "How did you know that?"