Chapter 14

Elle

I'm sitting in the front seat of Daniel's car while his driving. I'm still struggling with untying the rope around my wrists. I don't know exactly what happened. I was suddenly carried into a office I didn't know existed. Konrad covered my mouth and what did they really expect, that I wouldn't fight back? Well I did and I think I hit Henry a little bit too hard, but it was the adrenaline kicking in.

"Do you wanna go to the ice rink and practice?" Daniel asks.
"Isn't the hockey practice starting soon?"
"No you have the rink for yourself for around two hours"
"Sure let's go"

The cold air hit my face when I begin to skate. Mrs. Moore is watching every single move I take and I need to say that it's terrifying sometimes. I feel like I always need to be on top. I brush the thoughts of and try to focus on the music's rhythm, but everything that happened at the house is still bothering me. Daniel gave me a little explanation about Asher's family. His mum is a bit pretentious, but he didn't mention anything about his twin or dad. It felt like it was forbidden to talk about so I didn't bring it up.

My thoughts had brought me away from reality and I feel my ice skate getting stuck in the ice making me stumble and fall.

"Elle!" Mrs. Moore shouts before getting on the ice and she runs towards me.
"I'm fine, I'm fine" I say trying to convince both Mrs. Moore and myself.
"No you're clearly not, you're bleeding"

My eyes land on my leg. A long scar makes it's way from my ankle up to my knee. I feel noxious, but it's not the blood or pain. Memories begin to come back.

Flashback

"Is it serious?" My dad asks when my mom and I walk inside our house.
I can't even look him.
"Elle?" He asks gently and I look up, showing my bruised face.
"You hit her!" My dad growl at mom, but my doesn't even flinch.
"So what!? She's the one destroying our reputation" she says while giving me her evil eye.
"Everything isn't about our reputation!"

My mom walks closer to my dad and hugs him suddenly.
"I'm sorry"
And not to my surprise my dad gives in and forgives my manipulative mom.
"Can you cook dinner today?"
"Of course" he answer

He goes to the kitchen and my mom turns towards me. Her eyes are burning like fire.
"I wish you hit your head harder today, then I wouldn't have to see you pathetic face every single day" she says and turns around but she stops on her tracks.
"Forget about those painkillers the doctor prescribed for you...you deserve all the pain the world can cause you"

And she walks away like she always do, not letting me to bite back.

I just stand there with a throbbing head and teardrops falling down my bruised cheek.

End of flashback

My breathing is uneven and I feel Mrs Moore's arms around.
"Shhh, she's not here" she says with a soothing voice that I just experienced a few times in life.
I cry out even more. My cries echoes through the whole building.

"We need to take you to the hospital"
"No it's fine, I mean it" I try to sound convincing but I fail. I can't go to the hospital, everything will be a disaster.

My parents hired a doctor who was a friend of my dad. He was a nice person but my parents bribed him to not tell the media about the mental and physical abused they put me through. I guess they offered a big amount of money because he never leaked any information, sometimes I wish he did. My ED caused a lot of damage on the inside and he made me take medicine and different vitamins.

Going to the hospital meant a normal check up and they would see my bruises. It's only the doctor, my dead parents and now Asher who knows about them. Mrs. Moore is going to set the world on fire if she finds out.

Mrs. Moore try to help me up but my leg is hurting. I try to avoid to look at the puddle of blood that has formed on the ice. She try to support while we're trying to get of the eyes. We both stop when we hear Daniel shout.

"Asher come back!"

Asher appears with a tensed jaw. He makes his way towards us.
"What the hell happened, you'll need Stiches" he blurts out.
"I'm fine, but could you help Mrs. Moore" I say
He looks at me with his cold eyes, but they turns into worried ones.

He comes in front of me and suddenly lifts me up in bridal style.
"Place your arms around my neck" he demands and I do as he says.

We walk through the hallway and the his teammates look at Asher with confused faces.

I feel my eyelids getting heavy.
"Stay awake Elle"
Asher says while opening the door. Three people are walking towards the ice hall from the parking lot but I can't see there faces do to the dizziness.

"Asher what are you doing?" A female voice says
"You're supposed to be on the ice-" she keeps going
"Not now" Asher cuts off
He drives me to the hospital but I fainted almost immediately when Asher placed me in the car.

I hear a beeping sound and my eyelids feels heavy. I open my eyes slowly finding a white roof. I lift my head up slowly finding Asher sitting on a chair while resting his head on my hospital bed. I look around the room finding different things connected to my body.

"Hey" Asher says with a tired voice
"Why am I here, I only got a scar" I say as a lump forms inside my throat, they know, they know for sure about the abuse.

Asher try to touch my hand but I don't let him and his face show hurt. Tears start to form in my eyes and my breathing is uneven. The machine begins to beep faster and a nurse comes inside.

"You need to calm down Ms Wilson" the nurse says.
"I want to go home" I cry out and I feel a strong pair of arms wrap around me, securing me from the outside world.
"Nothing is going to happen, you're an Adult and you're the only one to decide if you want to press charges against someone" he explains.
"Aren't they going to ask questions?" I ask while sniffing.
"No" he answers.
"How do you know?"
"Because I'm studying law" he says taking me off guard.

I break the hug. I look into his eyes.
"I have never seen you reading a book" I say confused but he just shrugs.
"It's not that hard" he answers.

Suddenly someone clears their throat and both of us look at the person. The nurse is standing in the middle of the room and shows a warming smile.

She goes through everything before leaving. I have to stay only for one night

"You should go home and spend some time with your family" I say to Asher.
"I think I rather stay here" he answers while sitting on my bed. He taps his fingers anxiously against his thighs and looks at the floor.
"It can't be that bad" I say trying to be positive
"I know, but I think the boys will entertain them for a while"

I gave up on trying to convince Asher to go home. He is a stubborn person, but I can't complain. He is treating me like a princess, no to be more specific a queen. He go out to get the food I want to eat and brings my absolute favorite snacks. We watch a cute romantic comedy movie in the bed and I have never felt so safe in my life.

Mrs. Moore wanted to come but I assured her that I was fine and I didn't want her to find out about the scars. She doesn't deserve the guilt she would feel. Mrs. Moore was never the cause of my parents behavior.

The day ended too early and we are suddenly in the car driving back home. I'm biting my lip feeling nervous too meet his parents, Asher's MUM.

Sorry for not uploading in a long period of time! I hope you enjoy les the chapter.