Chapter 7

Elle

I almost run out of the car after blurting out a fast "Thank you"

The car ride were the most awkward thing I've ever experienced in my life. Images of me falling onto Asher's bare chest is still haunting my mind even though I'm trying to brush it of.

I walk inside the ice hall. I breathe in the familiar scent and adjust my bag strap on my shoulder. I can hear the ice skates hitting against each other inside the bag while I'm walking through a hallway.

Daniel walks around the corner meeting my eyes. "Elle" he says while smiling brightly. He walks towards me "this way" he says before leading me into a small room.

"This the closest thing we have to a woman's changing room" he says scratching the back of his neck as usual. "It's fine" I say placing my bag on the small bench in the room, The room is tiny with white walls, a few hangers, a big mirror and a tree bench.

"Mary is waiting for you at the rink" Daniel says before leaving me alone. I switch my hoodie into a tight zip up shirt. I grab my skates and walk to the rink.

Mrs.Moore is writing something in a notebook when I find her. She looks at me and smiles. She gives me a tight hug before her eyes scans my whole body. "Did the boys do something to you" she asks while raising her eyebrows. "No" I answer as fast as I can, not wanting to think about the morning's event. She gives me a suspicious look before stepping back. "Time for warmup" she says and walks away towards a chair.

I put on my ice skates. I feel a rush of energy spreading inside my body when my skates hit the the ice. I take a deep breath before I begin to skate.

The practice moves on. I don't even notice the whole hockey team arriving. The only thing I focus on is to do my skills with a perfect technique.

My body freezes finding the whole hockey team staring at me after I finishing my routine. I find Henry smiling at me and I wave awkwardly at him.

I get of the ice and find Daniel talking with Mrs.Moore. "So the plan is that you'll get to watch how a normal practice looks for the players today" he explains while I nod "but we need to introduce you to the team of course". I gulp feeling a bit anxious. "Boys!" Daniel shouts and claps his hand.

Every single player gets on the eyes and position themselves in a straight line facing towards their coach. Daniel stands on the ice holding a hockey stick. He signals me to skate to him and that's exactly what I do.

I feel all the eyes on me and my heart is beating fast. I forgot that I've only met basically one fifth part of the whole team.

"This Elle and she's going to help you with your bad skating technique" he says scornfully making the guys laugh at him in annoyance. "If there's someone who will be able to help you, then it's Elle" I feel my cheeks getting hot. I look at the players but I meet a pair of familiar ice cold eyes, Asher. I look away and focus on Daniel.

The practice begins and I sit on the bench watching them, but my eyes seem to only land on one of them. Broad shoulders, fast, a body build by a god and good at photography. Asher Grey, the perfect man on the outside, but the inside seems to be a lot more complicated.

Sorry for not uploading for some time, I'll try to upload more frequently/ writer <3