Illiterate: Broken

Mulai dari awal

(I'm ready to get married to you. But I have some conditions. Will you accept them?)

This time Siya looks up at him, "Ji."

(Yes.)

"Mein khabhi shaadi krna nahi chaahta tha. Pr maa ki zid ke aage mein kuch nahi kr paaya. Aur unko tum bohot pasand ho."

(I never wanted to get married. But maa insisted and I couldn't refuse. And she loves you.)

Siya continues to peek at him through her lashes.

"Meri saabse pehli shaart yeh hai ki tum humesha meri maa ka khayal rakhogi, unhe khabhi hurt nahi krogi."

(My first condition is to always take care of my mother, to never hurt her.)

Rudra waits for a response before moving on to the next one.

"Unki aur aapki wajha se hi toh mein uss ghar se nikal payi. Mein humesha unka khayal rakhungi."

(It is because of her and you that I could get out of that house. I'll always take care of her.)

Rudra nods his head and says, "meri dusri shaart yeh hai ki tum mujhse koi umeed nahi lagaogi. Pati hone ke naate mein tumhari har zaroorat puri karunga lekin usse elava mein aur kuch nahi kr sakta.."

(My second condition is that you are not to keep any expectations from me. Being your husband I'll take care of all your needs, but other than that I can't . . .)

Siya nods her head, her heart and imaginary fairy tale shattering as she says, "Mein koi umeed nahi rakhungi."

(I won't keep any expectations.)

Rudra gazes at the girl before putting forward his last condition.

"Aur akhri baat, tum khabhi meri kissi bhi baat mein dhakhal nahi doongi. Tumhara mere kissi bhi cheez se koi lena dena nahi hoga. Mujhe aapna space pasand hai."

(And the last thing, you will never interfere in any of my things. You will have nothing to do with my anything of mine.I like my space.)

Siya looks up at him, "Mein apke kissi baat mein dhakhal doongi. Pr. . . ."

(I won't interfere in anything but. . .)

Rudra's eyes harden expecting her to object to something, but what she next leaves him shocked. He almost regretted putting forward his conditions.

"Pr, humari shaadi ke baad agar aap mera khayal rakhege. Meri hr zaroorat puri krange, kyunki aap mere pati honge. Toh mere patni hone ke bhi kuch farz haim. Mein aunty ke saath saath apka bhi khayal rakhungi. Aur mujhe yeh krne se rok nahi sakte. Mein aap sab ke liye isske ilava aur kuch kr bhi toh nahi sakti. Mein aapke ehsaan kaise pure krungi. And I'm sorry ki aapki shaadi mujhse ho rahi hai. Mein aapke liyak nahi. I'm a broken mess, mujhe jodte jodte puri zindagi nikal jayegi."

(But, you will take care of me after getting married as a husband. So, as a wife I also have responsibilities. I'll look after you as well as aunty. And you cannot stop me. There is nothing else I can do for you anyway. How will I fulfil these debts of yours? And I'm sorry you're getting married to a girl like me. I'm not worthy of you. I'm a broken mess, it'll take a lifetime to put me together.) 

Rudra reached over to hold her hand, tempted to wipe the tears threatening to drop out her eyes, before saying, "I'm not forced into any of this. Mein apni marzi se kr raha hun tumse shaadi. Hum ek family banne ja rahe hai. Toh please, aisa maat kaho ki tum mere layak nahi ho. Meri maa mere liya khabhi koi galat decision nahi karengi. Mujhe toh yeh lagta hai ki mein tumhare liyak nahi, tum ek pyaar krne waala pati deserve krti ho. And I can't give you that."

(It was my choice to say yes to marrying you. We're about to become a family, so don't say you are not worthy of me. My mother would never make a wrong decision for you. I feel that I'm the one not worthy of you. You deserve someone who will love you and I can't give you that.)

Siya looked up, straight into his eye before saying, "You've given me what I've wanted my whole life. A family. Aur dusre ki ghar ki tooti hui cheez aap aapne ghar mein lekar aayen hai. Mujhe ek aachi aur comfortable zindagi dene walle hai, mujhe uss pinjare se aazad krke lekr aaye. Mujhe aur kuch nahi chahiye."

(You've bought a broken thing into your house, you're going to give me a good and comfortable life. You've taken me out of that prison. There is nothing else I could want.)

Rudra sees the honesty in her eyes and words, he struggles to think of what to say to that, he gives her hand a squeeze and stands up to leave.

Before he left he said, "Don't dwell on the past too much. They'll get what they deserve, but I don't want you to worry about that. You just worry about our wedding, okay?"

Siya nods her head and gazes as he leaves. Soon Siya gets up too, heading out to help make breakfast.

What do we think?

Remember to vote, comment and share the story!

See you in the next update!