Shaadi - What now?

"Yeh bacha tumhara hai Veer. Aur tumhe use aur mujhe humara haq dena padega."

(This child is yours Veer. And you have to give me and our child the rights we deserve.)

"Humare beech kuch hua hi nahi hai toh yeh bacha kahan se aa gaya. Dekho tum yeh kyun kr rahi ho mujhe pata nahi, pr mere ghar walon ke samne mere character pr ungli mat uthao."

(Nothing happened between us, then where did this child come from. Look, I don't know why you are doing this. But don't point fingers at my character in front of my family.)

The two stared into each other's eyes, before Amrita grabs his hand and puts it on her belly.

"Aapne dil se poocho Veer, kya tumhe kuch mehsoos nahi ho raha yahan haath rakh kr?"

(Ask your heart Veer. Do you not feel anything when you put your hand here?)

Veer cringes at her actions before he roughly moves his hand back.

"Yeh kya hoga hai tumhe?" He takes a deep breath before continuing, "Dekho, agar koi aur baat hai toh mujhe batao. Yeh bacha mera nahi hai, pr kisi ka toh hoga. You can talk to me."

(What has happened to you?)

(Look, if there is something else happening then tell me. This child isn't mine, but it is someone's. You can talk to me.)

Amrita refused to admit that the child was someone else, and she had the support of bhuaji and Riya. The family decided, against Veer and Kirti's wishes to keep Amrita at their home until they can take a paternity test. Veer was fuming by the end of the dramatic conversation, he instructed his parents, wife and brother to not talk or even go near Amrita.

In the evening, when the family gathered for dinner, Riya bought Amrita out too. And at the sight, Veer stood up and left the dining room. Kirti fixed a plate for her husband and herself and followed suit.

"Kirti, I swear maine aisa kuch nahi kiya! Woh jooth bol rahi hai."

(Kirti, I swear I did nothing! She's lying."

"Mein janti hun Veer ji, aap aise khabhi nahi kr sakte. Pr ab hum kya krenge?"

"I know that Veer. you could never do anything like this. But what do we do now?)

Veer caressed his wife's cheeks before replying.

"Kal mein doctor ko bulvake, Amrita ka proper check krvaunga. To see if she is actually pregnant. And if she is, then I'll ask for a paternity test."

(Tomorrow I'll a doctor, to have a proper check of Amrita.)

Kirti scrunched her eyebrows in confusion, "p-p-prantinity? Woh kya hota hai?"

(What is that?)

Veer lightly chuckles at his wife, "Paternity jaan. Isse doctor test krke pata kr sakte hain ki bacha mera hai yah nahi."

(Paternity love. That's when the doctor will take tests and work our if the child is mine or not.)

Kirti's eyes widen at the information, "Aisa ho sakta hai?"

(That can happen?)

"Hmmmm."

"Pr, bacha hurt toh nahi hoga na?"

(But, the baby won't be hurt right?)

"Why are you worrying about that? Uss baache se humara kya lena dena. Amrita ke actions ka natija hai."

(What do we have to do with that child? It's a consequence of Amrita's actions.)

"Pr, issme baache ki kya galti hai?"

(But where is the child wrong in all this?)

Veer observes her worry and falls more in love with her.

"Agar bacha hua, toh usse koi nuksaan nahi hoga. I promise."

(If there is a child, then they won't be hurt. I promise.)

.

.

.

.

.

.

"She is in fact pregnant, roughly 4 weeks according to the pregnancy test. If you could bring her to my clinic tomorrow, I can do her ultrasounds and give you a more accurate report. And as you said you would like a paternity test, which cannot take place until she is at least 10 to 12 weeks pregnant. To ensure a healthy pregnancy I'll create a timeline of the appointments she should be having with me until she gives birth."

Veer clenches his jaw when he finds out Amrita is pregnant, he walks the doctor out before requesting a hard copy of the appointment summary.

Kirti is pacing her room after hearing Amrita is pregnant, she throws herself at Veer when he comes in.

"Ab kya hoga? Woh aapko mujhse cheen legi!"

(What will happen now? She will steal you from me!)

"Aisa kuch nahi hoga. Mein yahin hoon. Tumhare paas. Aur humesh yahi rahoonga."

(Nothing like that is going to happen. I'm right here. With you. And I'll always be here.)