Eye for an Eye

"H-how- do I repay you..." The baker groveled, the rough aggressiveness normally in his voice turned to nothing but cowardice.

She stared at him blankly, remembering how he had tormented her- what he had taken from her- how he'd tormented her mother and the other women she took refuge with.
With furrowed brows, the young woman glanced down to her metallic arm. "An eye for an eye," she looked back up, "an arm for an arm." Her tone was flat, yet held an edge as if she was holding in every hate she had ever felt.

Laz's smile only curled; atta girl~
"You heard the lady!" He released the bakers head. "An arm for an arm." He snickered mockingly, pulling out a pistol he had tucked into his waist band.
Terror engulfed the crocodiles eyes.
"What- no!" He exclaimed, before Laz grabbed his arm and slammed it on the counter, so easily overpowering the stocky baker.
"Please! Don't! No- no! She's just a human- damnit- NO!" He begged repeatedly, those last few words making Laz want to kill the bastard. He placed the pistol harshly into the crook of his elbow.

Originally, he was going to settle this... more peacefully, destroy this shitty joint by taking all of his money slowly until he couldn't afford a warm bucket of spit. He was a Vindigo after all, they were known for that sort of power.
But displays like this? Oh, how much more fun they were.
Especially when Y/N suggests the show~

The trigger was pulled, sending a bullet at point blank through his elbow into the counter, causing the baker to scream in pain and grab for Laz's arm with the gun. Laz only caught the baker's reaching arm effortlessly with his free hand, sending another bullet through the elbow.

Y/N watched silently as another and another and another bullet was fired... all the way until the baker was slouched over the counter, crying and phasing in and out of consciousness, while his forearm hung onto his arm by only a few threads. She knew exactly how that felt.

Guilt crept up inside her before she quickly pushed it away, simply reminding herself that this wasn't cruelty, this was justice, it was fair.

Laz wiped his bloodied gun onto his pants, glancing at the pooling blood with a bored look as he slid it back into his waist band.
He got blood on his suit. What a bother.

The Vindigo walked over to Y/N who was just staring at the baker, watching. He couldn't tell what she was thinking or feeling. He hoped she enjoyed it.

"Come, my dear, let's go home. It's late." Instead of looping his arm, he gently held her hand, leading her away.
Slowly, she dragged her eyes from the bloody scene and followed him out of the store; the two silently walking back to the car, getting in.

He sat beside her, and she only stared forward as the car started to drive, conflicted with herself.

"I'm sorry if that was overwhelming." Laz said after a few minutes of silence.

"It needed to be done." She replied blankly after a few beats.

Her brows furrowed and she looked down. Laz wrapped and arm around her slowly, trying to comfort her. She didn't move away.

    "I've... been waiting for that kind of revenge my whole life. Yet... somehow... I feel... guilty." She admitted, but slowly glared at nothing. "But I know he deserved every piece of it." Y/N hissed. He rubbed her shoulder.
    "I understand. I have... now... been desensitized to things like that. It's what I do. But I wasn't always like this, I understand the guilt." He replied softly, and she just sighed, before laying her head against his side, relaxing into him. She wanted this kind of comfort right now.
   Laz smiled softly, deciding not to comment and just soak in this rare moment.