CHAPTER 88

Ryan's POV 

She was right again.

Calling the police on him, having them interrogate him and every one of the domestic staff was useless.

The investigation went on for just a day and everything died down. They claimed to have found no evidence to back up my claim that Mother was indeed poisoned and left to die alone in that house.

No one believes my story. They aren't even considering my status.

They believed Father over me. He presented them with a record of her medical history. That did the trick and they completely stopped coming to the house and the chapter was closed in two days.

Everything annoys me.

This has been a plan right from the onset. How could I have not seen this? How could Mother not have seen this coming? Did she? Did she choose to ignore it? Did she know she wasn't really sick with cancer? Did she know how much of a monster her husband is? Did she know that Anita isn't hers?

If she knows all about this, then why didn't she confide in me? Why did she make me believe that being on the same page with him and not arguing all the time like rivals was always the best?

Who is my real Father?

I sit watching him act nonchalant. Piling up some files on the table and dropping them carefully inside the drawer before locking the drawer with a key. He takes out a wallet and drops the keys inside.

I don't know what to say or how to start a conversation with him after everything. 

He is not my Father and we both beat each other up the other day. He is attempting to kill my Mother. These are all the crimes he has to pay for.

Plus, he is using Anita to realize his aim of killing my Mother. Anita is his real daughter and he is already teaching her how to be a murderer. 

Should I be glad that he isn't my Father? If he was, maybe I would have inherited the gene of killing and I would be as cruel as a devil.

"How may I help you, gentleman?" he speaks up without sparing me a glance. He is holding a pen now while looking over a green file.

I wonder if he is really busy or doing this on purpose.

I don't know how to start. Why am I even here? To know why he wants to kill her? To know why he is using Anita? To know why he isn't my Father? 

Anita isn't picking up any of her calls. I haven't seen her since that night we had dinner together and I wonder where she is.

I am not allowed into the mansion anymore so I can't say if she is in there or back at her supposed school.

I clear my throat and gulp down the thing stuck in my throat stopping me from having a mature conversation with him.

"You are not my Father, are you?" This is the first thing that comes out of my mouth. I don't know why this has to be the first and I don't even care. I just don't like the way it came out like I am pleading with him to deny the fact that he isn't.

Amusement fills his expression as he raises his head up to lock eyes with me. I am thinking he will say a sharp no then turn back to his work and ignore me like I don't exist or even ask me out but instead, he begins to laugh like a maniac.

"Why are you laughing?!" My voice is a bit harsh. I am irritated by his response. Fortunately, that makes him stop laughing.

"If that is all you came for, you can leave now. You know the truth already…"

"What truth?!" I retort back sharply like that statement was expected. Well, it was expected. I knew he would end up throwing me out. We've always been like this; arguing all the time and asking each other out. "The truth about you not being my Father? Or about you trying to poison the woman you call your wife? Or the truth about you having Anita as an accomplice? What is the truth? Tell me!"

"Impressive!" he mutters with a clap. He looks really impressed with his eyes shining brightly with twinkles of amusement. "You know it all so get out!"

"I am not here for that shit, why aren't you letting me into the house? It's my Mother's…"

"Did your Mother tell you the house is hers or mine?" he cuts me short, making me furrow my brows in confusion.

"The house is mine and I chose who stays or who leaves, ok?" he peers down at me.

"What?!" I exclaim in total disbelief. "Are you throwing her out?"

"When you are done with your interrogations, use the door", he dismisses me by shifting his gaze back to the file he was previously working on before I stopped him with my conversation.

I stare with my mouth agape at the cruel man before me. I knew he was cruel quite alright but I never knew he was this heartless. He is indeed a monster and I hate him with everything in me.

He has done enough harm. 

I know we ought to go our separate ways now, especially now that Mother is safe after the surgery but I can't help but feel bad for not doing anything to hurt him back in return for what he has done to me.  

To us.

He deserves to be locked up in prison for life.

As if hearing my thoughts, he looks up, smirks and throws me a flirtatious wink. "Don't get too curious. You can't do anything to me, ok? The earlier you stop wasting your efforts over this case, the better."

"Finally, you admit", I mumble with a smile. "Now you admit you are indeed guilty of all the crimes. Valerie was right after all. She is never wrong. How come I never saw this before now? That monstrous part of you and…"

"The monstrous one is your Mother. Ask her why I did all of that, I'm sure she will be able to satisfy your stupid curiosity. And as for that woman of yours, I have nothing to say."

He looks away while I watch fuming in anger. I want to say more but it will do no good letting out my anger at the moment.

He is a monster and I need to get to the root of this. First, I need to know why he did all of these and then find solid evidence to back up my claim about him being Mother's attempted murderer.

This means I still need Valerie. I can't find any evidence without her. She is a victim and that is good but finding something else to supplement it would be good.

She might be headstrong but I still love her. Mother and I need her now more than ever. She sacrificed her life for me and Mother and this is enough to make me forgive her over and over again for always saying the wrong words at me or annoying the shit out of me.

Finally, conceding to the fact that I do not have a Father, I rise up abruptly and begin to walk to the door without a word.

"See you around, son", he says with a tone of amusement. I know this is meant to irk me. He is succeeding but I won't fall for his trap once again. In fact, I do not wish to ever set my eyes on him again until I find evidence to throw him in jail.

"Goodbye, Monster", I say without looking back as I take the exit out and slam the door shut angrily.

****

Will they be able to find evidence to back up their claim? How will Ryan and Valerie sort out their differences? Is Valerie overreacting again?

Air your views and don't forget to vote for this chapter❤️

I promise two chapters tomorrow. See you tomorrow.