CHAPTER 27

Ryan's POV

Having a taste of her sweet lips makes me lose my mind and I find myself leaning in closer for more and expecting her to open up for me to explore the insides of her mouth.

Instead, she places her two hands on my chest and pushes me away roughly, her face in a deep frown with her eyes in a depth of annoyance for what I just did.

Rather than feeling sorry, I plaster a wide grin on my face and she pushes me off the bed.

"What the hell was that for? Are you crazy?" She thunders in anger and I find myself laughing on the floor.

What exactly is amusing to me? I do not know.

"A practice. We might have to kiss in front of Mother tomorrow…"

"What?" She furrows her brow, the anger increasing.

I rise slowly and sit back on the bed. "We are going to meet with Mother tomorrow."

She remains silent and I try to read through her expression, feeling bad for kissing her without permission.

But I don't regret it because her lips were inviting and sweet. She tastes like mint. 

Slowly, she drops her head and rubs her fingers on her temple.

I am tempted to apologize to her for what I did but I am not saying anything. 

Kissing shouldn't be a big deal, should it? She brought the idea of acting up and here we are.

"Ryan, kissing each other should be out of the plan, please." She says in a low tone.

"Why?" I demand nonchalantly like it is a normal thing to kiss her since she is my wife. Suddenly, it dawns on me that this is the first time we are kissing.

On our wedding day, she didn't kiss me. She only pecked my cheeks and made it look like we actually kissed. That was one of the reasons why I was so mad at her that day because I felt humiliated.

What if someone has seen what she did?

I look up to see her staring at me with daggers in her eyes. 

"Why?" I repeat again. I am desperate to know why kissing me is bad. It is so obvious that she doesn't like the idea. Valerie isn't one to pretend. I am beginning to know her bit by bit. "Am I a bad kisser?"

I smile widely.

She picks up the pillow to throw at me but I evade it by scrambling out of the bed in laughter.

"Do I look like I am in the mood for jokes right now?" She is breathing heavily as she drops the pillow.