CHAPTER 68

Ryan's POV 

Because I had to devise all ways to persuade her out of the house, I vowed to make our date thirty minutes only.

Despite having everything ready, I am still as nervous as hell because I don't know if she will like everything I prepared for her and also because of the limited time we have.

I am doing everything within my power to please her. I am supposed to ignore her so many times but I just can't help how I feel.

Even after confessing my love to her several times, directly and indirectly, she always keeps mute, making me confused about what she really wants and what I need to do next.

The car stops right in front of the restaurant and I take the door out to meet her.  

As she steps out of the car, her pointed heels come into view before her whole body appears, making me take a deep breath because of how breathtaking she looks.

Her red beautiful sexy spaghetti strapless gown stops right on her knees. Her hair is fully down and she has full makeup on, different from the one she had on her face the first time we met.

I have never seen a woman so beautiful the way she looks tonight. Her full lips are so inviting that I can barely take my eyes off them.

When she flashes me a light smile, I blink twice and then smile back at her in response.

"We have just 30 minutes, remember?" she reminds me, twirling her fingers around to jerk me back to life.

I swallow hard, then nod. "Yes, I remember."

Like a gentleman, I stretch my hand for her to take. When she takes my hand, I raise it to my lips without taking my eyes off her. Slowly, I peck the back of her right hand which feels so warm on my lips.

A smile creeps to her face and for the first time, she blushes. 

Remembering that I am here for a reason, I drop her hand and lead her into the restaurant. Our seats are close to the door for a reason too.

As soon as we are seated, two chefs appear with two different trays of food.

"Good evening, ma'am. What would you like to order?"

She raises a brow at me, surprised at the special attention the chef is giving her. I made a reservation two days ago. I specifically requested the chef and not the waitress. 

I want her to eat whatever she wishes, even if the restaurant does not have it. This is why the chefs are here. They can make her something quick.

"Answer them, Mrs. Lorenzo. Remember we have just 30 minutes?" I remind her just like she did a while ago.

She averts her gaze away from me and turns to the two chefs dressed in white aprons and black bonnets. 

She shrugs nonchalantly. "I don't know what to ask for." Shifting her attention back to the chef, she demands. "What do you have?"

With a smile on their faces, the first chef answers, "We have Chinese meals, Mexican dishes as well as…"

"Get me any of the two", I watch her cut them short with a wave of the hand. 

"Are you sure?" I lean forward to ask her and she nods.

I face the chef. "Come along with that wine too", I tell them.

"What is happening?" she mutters, her face creasing in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I lean backward, more comfortably in the chair, being conscious of the time. We ought to spend at least 10 minutes here before we go to the next place.

"All of this", she points around, glancing around in awe at the beautiful restaurant. "You didn't have to do this."

"I did it anyway. That is not what matters at the moment. Here comes your meal", I mention as the chef approaches with a different tray of food. He sets the table with just a plate.

Before she can ask me why there is just one plate, I signal to her to dig in.

She closes her mouth, sighs, and takes the spoon to eat while the chef takes his leave. There is no appetizer or anything else because we have limited time.

The second chef appears with a bottle of the wine I asked for. When Valerie sights the bottle, she gasps in delight. "Screaming eagle cabernet!"

"Wow!" I can't hide my amazement. "This beauty right in front of me is versatile. You never cease to amaze me."

He drops the bottle of wine on the table. I grab it quickly and urge her to finish up her food quickly. 

The watch on my wrist beeps in alert of the time we have spent. We have just 15 minutes to go before the end of our date tonight which means we have to get out of here now for us to meet up.

"Time is up", I rise, grab the bottle of wine with my left hand, then grab her wrist with my right hand before rushing out of the door without a single explanation for our next destination.

"Hey", she mumbles as I drag her slowly towards the car. "Where are we going? Isn't this a date?"

I didn't even let her take some water or a little from the wine but I have my reasons. I love to take this wine in the comfort of my home when I am completely calm and relaxed, not when we have a limited time to spend at the restaurant.

This is my favorite of all.

"Just follow me, sweetheart", I say without looking back to see how displeased she is at this action right now.

I practically forced her out. I should probably do this till the very end. The result should be pleasing to her.

"Ryan!" she calls loudly, as we get past the bodyguards at the door and I pull the car door open and help her get into the car.

If I wasn't a billionaire, maybe she would have assumed I was running away from paying for our orders. But that isn't the case.

Time is the problem here.

Today is a special day and I want to make it really special for her.

When she is settled in, I slouch in right beside her, then close the car door before turning to view the curiosity written all over her.

"John, drive!" I command with implacable authority and in a really loud voice.

The car engine roars to life and we drive away from the restaurant. My eyes do not leave the beautiful woman beside me as she stares at me with an expression full of curiosity. 

"Ryan, will you tell me what is happening?" She is not smiling. She is looking damn serious as she asks the question. "I thought we were here for…"

"Yes", I interrupt her from going further, restricting myself from hugging the living hell out of her or crashing my lips to her inviting lips.

Everything about her is so alluring. I can't deny how hot and sexy she looks tonight and it isn't helping matters with my feelings.

"Then where are we going to?!" she questions sharply. "I was having dinner and all of a sudden, you pulled me out like that and I don't even know…"

"Remember we have 30 minutes for the date?" I cut her short again. "We have exhausted 15 minutes already. I want to stick to my promise of keeping you out for just 30 minutes", I explain with a calm voice.

She gulps and nods in understanding before looking away. All of a sudden, she turns to me and asks again. "Then where are we going?"

"Somewhere special."

"Somewhere special?" she repeats with confusion skating on her expression. "Where? Why?"

Now, I can't hold it back. My right-hand goes straight to her face to tug away the pleats of hair falling on her face.

She stiffens and I take my hand away. "Somewhere special where I can reveal to you how much you mean to me", I respond and turn away from her, without waiting to see her reaction to what I just said.

With a deep sigh of relief, I look out of the car window, praying within me that I will be able to keep my promise of a 30-minute date on a special day like this.

****

You asked for two chapters today and I will do that. Keep scrolling and air your views❤️