Chapter Twenty

"What about eating it from the back?"

"Wow my burrito suddenly became an asshole. If I eat it from the other end it'll just all fall apart stupid."

"It's already falling apart cock muncher that's why you asked for a solution."

"Jackson please tell Scott that's not a solution but just a bigger mess. Kids these days I swear."

I stared at the two sitting on the sofa across from me. My elbow on my knee as I pressed my palm to my cheek. The air was smoky and we were most definitely high. The rest of the joint was in the ashtray still giving off slight smoke as the sound of the scary movie we put on faded in the background to this ridiculous argument.

"Why am I friends with you guys again?" I asked with a chuckle, my eyelids heavy as I tried not to continue laughing. Once you start laughing when you're this high you just keep laughing.

"Because you love us. Now hurry the fuck up and tell him."

"You hurry the fuck up and eat it from the back."

"Bend over then."

"Oh fuck off grandpa, you couldn't touch this ass with a ten foot pole."

I watched them bicker back and fourth in amusement. I was relaxed more now then I have been in the past two week. The air is always tense lately and the grass hasn't been greener on the other side for me but I'm trying.

Everyone knows Summer and I are officially over. She tried to speak with me a couple of times at school but the cold shoulder is all that bitch is getting for the rest of her life but thankfully she won't be in mine any longer. It's mixed stories about what happened between us and honestly I don't give a shit to correct any of them. People at the end of the day will think what they want too and some just like the drama of it all when it doesn't have anything to do with them.

As for Oli... I'm not sure if he's in my life anymore either. I haven't heard from him at all in the last two weeks. The first week I messaged him everyday to meet me at the dock so I could explain but he never came. I tried calling, sent multiple texts after another and eventually altogether he stopped reading them. I tried to speak to him at school but he would walk away and avoid me. He even went through a crowd just to prevent me from cornering him and that speaks volumes.

I know he's upset and I don't think it's wrong for him to be but I also feel like I deserve to be heard. The coach hasn't asked me anything but I have a feeling he knows something because I've been doing 6 laps while the rest of the team stretches lately and he called me lizard man instead of Jackson which just made everyone confused but a particular time came to mind.

"What are you thinking about?" Scott asked obnoxiously loud as he munched on some chips, dipping them in queso.

"Oli."

"Fuck him." Tyson replied instantly with an eye roll.

"Don't be like that."

"Fuck do you mean? Be like what? He acts like he's a victim but he doesn't even know the half of it. Oh and just for the record even if it didn't play out the way it did and you decided to have sex with your girlfriend he knew you were in a relationship so he fucked up on that end even though that would make you an asshole."

"Tyson come on-"

"No because I'm just telling it how it is. All on the fucking table right here right now, you two may like to baby him but fuck that some of us didn't get the luxury we got reality. He also knew that you thought you were straight or still are or whatever the fuck you are to be honest but you're definitely a bit curvy- that's not the point! The point is that yes the situation is so fucked up and you didn't tell him but you were trying to process what happened. He at the very least should hear you out as a friend. Not as a lover, or a mistress I guess I should say but as your fucking friend and he hasn't. So I stand by it, fuck him. He's had it so easy-"

"He hasn't had it fucking easy Tyson! You don't know the shit he went through in foster care and honestly I don't know the whole story either but I sure as hell don't think it was easy. You make a point but let's not assume he gets everything handed to him because someone who takes that much anxiety medication has to have a backstory." I replied feeling agitated.

"Let's not forget Jackson also avoided him for about a week after the whole wine and grind thing.." Scott began before putting his hands up in surrender when Tyson shot him a look. "Not that it's important but you know I'll shut up now."

"Ya you do that."

"Just for that asshat imma keep talking."

"How about the both of you shut the hell up you're ruining the high." I let out a groan as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"I only say it cause I care." Tyson spoke after a few moments of silence.

"Ya... I know and I also know it's a valid point but I get where he's coming from too. I just miss him a lot I guess." I replied with a slight shrug. I could tell my voice sounded drained and honestly I felt it too.

"Ooooo someone has a crushhhhhh." Scott playfully spoke out with a slight laugh.

I couldn't help the grin that broke free as I also joined in on his laughing. I grabbed the nearest couch pillow chucking it toward him as his laugh got louder. He put up his hands to block it to no avail as it whipped the side of his head.

"Shut up. Ask Tyson about his." I replied mischievously giving my best-friend the side eye. My laughter instantly shook me to the core as I watched Tysons eyes bulge from their sockets at my words, his posture suddenly becoming straight as a board. I clutched my stomach from the pain, the tears brimming my eyes as his face went from shocked to livid.

"No wayyyyy, you have a crush and you didn't tell me? Wow you're banned from touching my alpaca sunrise collection." Scott huffed out angrily as he shifted away from Tyson with a glare.

"The fuck did I do?!"