Chapter Thirteen

The wind rushed in my face blowing back my hair as the trees passed by me in a blur. The breeze was cool but in a welcoming way rather than cold as the night air gave me a refreshing feeling. The moon was high in the sky shining down on the dimly lit roads as Scott drove at an alarming speed but not enough to scare anyone, or Oliver I should say.

We were in Scott's jeep and my upper half was currently outside the sun roof, everything was in slow motion but wasn't, clear but unclear, a whole other universe. At least in my current state of how high I was. I swooped back into the car briefly, Scott and Tyson were conversing about god knows what as I leaned down looming over Oliver with my face only a few inches away from his with a shit eating grin.

His eyes widened at my close proximity considering how spacious the back seats were but I hardly noticed. I could tell he was in a state between panic and being relaxed completely, almost like he couldn't choose between which emotion he should give into. Panicked is not how I wanted his first high to be so instead I leaned closer, over to his ear to whisper.

"Come see what I see Oli."

I leaned further back to catch his reaction. His cheeks flushed pink as he averted his eyes but nonetheless unbuckled his seatbelt. A smile took over my grin as I grabbed his biceps hauling him up and out of his seat the second I heard the clip unlatch itself. I went out of the sunroof first, pushing over to leave him space.

I watched him hesitantly poke his head out before standing at his height, taking his arms out to grip at the edge of the roof. My eyes were so focused but unfocused as I stared at him. His hair immediately pushed back and his glasses went further up his face at the force of the wind, his green eyes were lidded from the high, his eyes around the green red. His pale skin was glowing under the moonlight and in the moment he was breathtaking.

I hadn't realized I actually stopped breathing because I was looking so intensely that I started to cough. His eyes shot to me instead of the treelike and awkwardly patted my shoulder. My couching quickly turned to a laugh at his awkwardness, my hand snaking around his waist to keep him steady. I felt the sharp intake of breathe that he took as I pulled him slightly closer to me.

"Scream with me!" I shouted out, probably louder than I should have but with the force of the wind I didn't want him to miss what I said.

He looked at me with slight confusion as his eyebrows furrowed together. "What?"

That when I let it out. I turned my body toward the front of the car my hand resting on his hip as I yelled out into nothing, my hollering echoing into the night. I heard a faint laugh beside me, my head turning with a smile as I watched him looking at me with his own on his lips.

So I began again, ranging from howling like a wolf to whoops and plain yelling. Nothing made me feel more content in life at the sound of Oliver joining me made me feel. I didn't know if he was capable of being loud in his life but in the now his voice echoed with mine just as vibrant. Watching him let go made me feel a sense of proud. I could hear the laughter in the car below us before their own yelling sounded as they rolled down the car windows, the sound of Tyson smacking the upper part of the car joining in.

                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was almost five in the morning now. After we quieted down getting into town we went to a 7-11 to grab snacks as high people do and somehow ended up outside with Scott attempting to dance battle the crackhead. It was so interesting because the guy was clearly on either crack or a massive loud of cocaine and was more than willing to bust out the old moves for Scott. It wasn't until the guy did the worm on the concrete floor that Scott gave up and admitted defeat but honestly that crackhead could dance.