Chapter Eight

Jackson's POV

I didn't see Oliver as much anymore. It's been two weeks since he hung out with us at Scott's place and seeing as detention was over we hadn't been around one another. We still spoke in the halls, Scott made sure to annoy him everyday at-least once that I was honestly great full for. The stairwell incident obviously wasn't the first and wouldn't be the last. The last couple of hours proved that for me.

Summer was laying next to me on my bed, her legs entangled with mine as my arm was wrapped around her waist as we watched the incredibles. Her head was placed on my chest as she drew circles underneath my shirt on my abdomen. I was dozing off near the middle which she took notice.

"You sleepin on me big guy?" She looked up at me, her brown eyes meeting mine. Her voice was playful but I could see the slight annoyance.

"No baby. What you're doing just feels good." I shrugged my shoulders with a half smile.

She hummed and shifted her weight up off the bed. She threw her leg over my own to straddle my waist. I raised an eyebrow as she placed her manicured hands down on my clothed chest, a smirk playing on her lips.

"I bet I can make you feel something way better." Her hand seductively trailed down my chest further down to the waistband of my shorts, her nails gently sliding under. She leaned forward, her blonde locks falling down her right shoulder as her eyes hooded slightly.

Before I could open my mouth, her lips connected with mine aggressively, hungry almost. My hands went up to her waist and stayed there as I kissed her back. I felt her slightly grind her hips on me and my breathe hitched.

We've done this a million times before, the kissing, the teasing, the grinding but still I felt that unease creep back into the pit of my stomach which bothered me. I've slept with so many women before, which is awful to admit but I've never felt the way I felt for her or rather what I wanted with her. I was hard and both of us knew that but once again the sexual need wasn't what I wanted.

My hands tightened around her waist stopping her movement as she disconnected her lips from mine with a scowl.

"What now?" She demanded as she looked down at me.

"I just don't feel like we should rush it summer, we've been together for only five months."

"How many people have you fucked but you still won't sleep with me? So many people have sex the second they get into a relationship Jackson. You know-" she swung her leg off of me to stand by my bed. I sat up watching her as she crossed her arms.

"I feel like you're not into me."

"Jesus summer we've talked about this the last time, you're beautiful, smart and so sexy it's not that." It's just when the last time we had a genuine conversation together? It was on the tip of my tongue but something held me back from saying it.

"I try not to say anything about it because I don't want to sound crazy but clearly something is wrong. First you won't have sex with me but may I remind you that you also canceled our plans two weeks ago to hang out with that fucking weirdo kid? Ever since you started hanging out with him you've been way less touchy with me and not to sound clingy but what the hell is that Jackson? Is he turning you gay or something?" She snapped, her eyes angry and accusing.

I knew exactly who she was talking about and the pure amount of anger hit me like a truck it scared me. I stood up from the bed so fast I almost got whip lash. She took a few steps back as her eyes widened in surprise. I was fuming and she could tell. Her eyes nervously glanced around briefly seeing as she never had seen me lose my shit but I wasn't done.

"He's my friend. Don't talk to me like that, don't breathe in their general direction with that bad attitude of yours and don't ever shit talk any of them to me again. I haven't hung out with him since then and may I remind you that it was also with Tyson and Scott, not that it matters because I can hang out with whoever the fuck I want, with or without your permission. Why I don't want to have sex with you is not because of Oliver, it has to do with us for the last fucking time. Now get the fuck out of my house."

Her eyes stayed wide as I nodded my head toward the door. Much to my surprise I said it way more calmly than I was currently feeling but the anger and the point was clearly given. She shuffled towards my door, giving me one last look before exiting. I placed my hands over my eyes with a loud groan.

So here I was. It's 2AM on a Saturday night and I'm parked outside of the coaches house. I knew where it was because of when I dropped Oliver off after the hangout and exchanged numbers with him even though we haven't texted. Before I knew what I was doing I had taken my keys and my phone and for some reason ended up here.

Even with the nerves in the pit of my stomach from not telling my parents where I was going, what they would do if they found out, I didn't regret coming here. My phone lit up my face in the dark as I scrolled through my contacts, landing on Oliver's as I stared at it for a few seconds.

What if he was asleep? Was it rude if I woke him up? Who's the say he'll even answer and if he does would he even come out? Would coach kick my ass if he does? The thoughts ran endlessly but I still found myself pressing call and lifting the ringing phone to my ear.

After a few rings it was answered. I heard the sound of sheets shuffling as a low groan escaped Oliver. "Jackson?" My breathe caught for a moment suprised at how he sounded. His voice was slightly raspy with sleep but sounded more thrilling to my ears than anything I've ever heard. I shook my head slightly when I realized I haven't said anything.

"Hey."

"Hi... it's late Jackson."

"I know I'm sorry." The guilt seeped into my stomach. Maybe coming here was a bad idea.

"No it's okay... I just- I mean- are you okay?" He stuttered out and I could almost see him tugging that ridiculously big paint covered sweater sleeve being tugged on. If he even had anything on.

"I uh ya. I just want to go for a wild adventure." I mentally cursed myself for saying that. Who says that now adays? Who says that period?

Much to my pleasure I heard the sound of a soft laugh as my voice dropped to a whisper. "Hey oli, look outside your window."

I heard his breathe pick up speed, the sound of shuffling on the other end making me smile as I leaned over from my drivers seat to my passenger to watch a set of curtains bed pulled to the side. The familiar dirty blonde hair was ruffled everywhere, a shirt three sizes too big to be his own as he stood at the window looking down. I watched as he pressed his hand to the window his mouth opening and closing like a fish for a few seconds.

"What are you doing here?" He asked finally sounding shocked.

"What do you say about coming with me on that wild adventure?"