Chapter Seventeen

"Wow." Scott exclaimed with a nod of his head as he finished off his fries. "I think you guys need to fuck already."

"What the fuck?" My eyes went wide with surprise as I almost choked on my milkshake. The sound of Tyson's laughter filled my ears as I turned to glare at him.

"Actually scratch that." Scott spoke again with a shake of his head. He leaned slightly more forward over the blue-green colored booth on his elbows. "You need to break up with the bimbo first and then go get your man."

"He's not my man asshole and I don't even know if I want to... progress further."

"Why?"

"Fuck you mean why dumbass? Have you listened to anything I've said?" I spoke flatly, suddenly annoyed with him.

"I have and I'll I've heard is bullshit excuses. Look Jackson, you're afraid trust me I get that but you can't let fear dictate your entire life because what you've always known is now different. Change is good, you need to change as you grow or you'll be stuck in the same spot forever. You're insecure, not because of what your feeling per say but because of what everyone will think. You have your head so far up your ass about your image that you haven't even realized that for the past week Oliver has been left in his own thoughts on why you're avoiding him suddenly." Scott claimed aggravated now. Tyson hummed silently beside me and the realization suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks.

The feeling of guilty swirled into my stomach at the realization. I haven't even thought about how Oliver was alone this past week. I was so caught up in my own mind about it all, I couldn't imagine how he's feeling. I silently groaned placing my forehead on the palms of my hands.

"I didn't even think of that."

"No shit you bastard."

"Not helping." I snapped at Tyson, I suddenly felt so exhausted I couldn't hold my glare.

"How about I drop you guys back off at your cars at the school and you can put on your big boy pants for once and go talk to fucking the man." Scott spoke, seemingly fed up with my shit and honestly I don't blame him.

                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't do it. I'm currently sitting in my car still at the school after Scott dropped us off and even though they've both already left an hour ago I'm still staring at my phone screen at Olivers contact. What if he doesn't even want to talk to me? I've literally ignored him like my life depended on it.

I saw him at the end of the hall, I booked it down the opposite way. I saw him at lunch? I pulled Summer closer to me. I avoided the art wing at all costs and I made sure to take the fastest showers known to mand just so I knew coach hadn't left yet so he'd still be at the school while I was already leaving. I was being a pussy and I knew it.

Tyson and I only put a front for everyone else and not to each other it was a rule we had. Even then, I don't know how I feel if everyone knew I kissed a guy let alone it being Oliver. None of there opinions really mattered and yet I feel cornered and terrified if anyone else knew about it. I don't even know why I'm dwelling on that fact when I have an entire relationship with someone right now that I've cheated on. I really am an asshole.

I swallowed harshly, my thumb grazing over the contact. Maybe he won't even pick up. I sure as hell wouldn't, I was basically playing with his damn feelings I don't even know what they were really and I almost don't want to find out. Before I could go further into my thoughts I almost threw my phone across the car when I realized I had pressed on the horrifying green button and my phone was now ringing through my car speakers.