Chapter 29: It's Not Funny

Start from the beginning

"You will forever bring that up in a situation like this, huh? Plus, you're dramatic. I do take long, but not like you think." She said licking her lips. "Oooo! I forgot my lip-" Once again she ran out of the room.

"Not again... Next time you come out here, I was rushing us both out!" I told her laughing.

When she came back. "So you want your girl to walk around looking like you?"

"Aye, what you mean by that?" I frowned.

Tia stuck her lips out and put the contents of the container onto her lips, indicating what she meant. "I'm not LL Cool J, I hate licking my dry lips. You ever lick your dry lips and your mouth dries out? Similar to eating a dry Popeyes biscuit."

"Here you go..." I laughed. "I drank some water so it shouldn't be that bad, but let me get some."

"You want some of my lipgloss?" She raised her eyebrow, then began walking to the door.

"That's lip gloss?" I questioned. "I thought it was Vaseline or something." I patted my pockets only to feel just keys.

"Nope, Vaseline don't come in these tubes and do you not see how shiny my lips are?"

"A'ight smart ass." I pointed behind me, "Imma go get my lip balm from my other pants. I'll be right back!" I told her jogging to the bedroom.

I grabbed what I needed then went to the other bedroom to grab her some gym shoes and socks and made my way back to the living room area.

"You forgot these." I held them up.

"Didn't know I needed them. Thanks, Donald." She said opening the door and holding it open.

I looked at her sideways then held it opens myself with my foot. "If you think imma walk through that door with you standing the holding it open, you got another thing comin'. What are you even doin'?" I placed my hand on the door. "I wanted to try to hurry up before you remembered you forgot something else. Now, I know you lost your mind."

"I'm walking through the door." She laughed, walking out.

I followed suit and we went on about our way. "I KNOW you probably will say no, but you didn't want to go to breakfast, did you?" I questioned.

Tia shook her head and followed up with, "nope! You?"

"Just like I figured. Imma just grab me an apple from the cafeteria downstairs." I knocked on Jax's door and he immediately came out.

"I didn't know I had that much time to myself," Jax said laughing.

"That makes two of us." I retorted.

"Donald forgot his lip balm," Tia replied.

My jaw dropped, "You see this? This is the mouth of a liar. I mean, yeah I did forget it, but," turning both of my lips to the side, I replied, "we all know who it really was." I looked at Jax. We all laughed at that. "But you ain't gotta say shit, I ain't tryna get you fired."

"It's Tia!" Jax replied as we stepped into the elevator. "Believe that I know who I work for. I ain't know her as long as you, but I KNOW her enough to know how long she takes." He said cracking up with me.