Chapter 8: The Picture

Morning at School

"I want your number." Nino confessed.

I was sitting at the school cafeteria while eating a sandwich and listening to Juice Wrld. I stopped munching as soon as I heard her words.

"Come again? I think I didn't understand you well! After all, I had my headphones on. I heard you ask for my number in front of the whole school cafeteria. That would be too embarrassing for you and even for me." I laughed.

She didn't say anything. She just looked at me with a severe look.

"Wait, you're being serious?" I said.

"Nino wants (Y/N) number? What a bitch! Just because she's beautiful, she doesn't have to think that she can get every boy."

"Bastard! He always gets the best girls!"

The other students were already talking and the rumors were spreading rapidly. What was her intention?

"Don't get me wrong! It's not for me, but for my sisters! You know how they always want to get in touch with you, but they always have to ask that stalker! So I want to avoid them begging him for help and now I am asking you directly for your number!" She reasoned.

"Oh, right. Of course it's for them. Don't worry, I'll text them! I still have their numbers." I said.

"N-no, I-I think it's better that you give me your number. I can text them directly, you know."

"Nah, it's fine, really. Look, I will do it right now!"

I typed some things on my phone and sent a message to the girls. Nino looked a bit impatient.

"Done! Hey! Why are you looking at your phone so suddenly?"

"Oh! Uhm, it's nothing." She looked a bit desperate. "So... will you text me too?"

"Why should I? You told me that your sisters want to get in touch with me, not you!"

Nino was biting her nails in frustration.

"Fine!" She crossed her arms. "I will just ask Yotsuba for his number." She thought.

She wanted to leave before she stopped and...

Nino: "Wait! Why do you still have our numbers?? I thought that you wanted to leave your past behind!"

"..."

Nino: "Did...Did you miss us after all? Couldn't you let go of your past?"

"No, it's not like that. I thought that they could be useful sooner or later. Do you think I kept them in the hope that I would meet you again? Of course not." Right now, I was the Tsundere.

Nino was a bit suspicious but left the canteen anyway. All the students had their gaze on me, so I disappeared as fast as possible from that place.

Dinner at Futaro's House

Futaro: "Oh, man. Midterms are coming. I am afraid the girls will mess this up."

"Don't worry, bro. *munch* I can guarantee you that they will not succeed in the midterms, but *munch* they will probably pass at least one subject. *munch*" I said while eating Raihas homemade food.

Isanari: "Futaro! Don't bring all this talk of studying home with you! It's not that you were always great at studying either, right? These girls will change. They just need time."

"Your dad is right. Even I could improve my academic skills by focusing more on school." I told.

"He wasn't always such a study monster?" Raiha curiously asked.