Chapter 1: My Name is...

Present

—(Y/N) POV—

"Barbecue beef combo without the barbecue please!" Said a tall boy with bluish-black hair styled in a bowl cut with two strands sticking up from the back of his head. That guy is Uesugi Futaro.

"Dud? For real? Aren't you embarrassed? What is the point in calling that a barbecue beef combo?"

"(Y/N), there are still people out there who call football soccer even though you are only allowed to use your foot."

"Fair enough" I replied. We were currently in the canteen of the Asahiyama High School. Today was Futaro's and my first day as a second year high school student. "Hey look there is an empty seat for us! Let's go Futaro! Hurry up!"

BAM! My tray slammed against another. "Oh sorry I didn't see you coming. Do you mind sharing this table with me and my...", I looked up to the girl and my eyes widened. My expression saddened a bit. "...F-Friend, Miss?"

"Why the hell is she here? Wait! She is wearing another uniform! It's from that all girls school Nino talked about. Wait! Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. If she is here, then the other four are also here and that means...Nino is also here. Calm down (Y/N). I already let my past behind. I have no feelings towards her anymore. I am free. Just breath." I thought

"Uhm sorry but...do I know you? You seem oddly familiar." I felt her eyes on me. Her words startled me.

"Wha-Uhm, no I think you are mistaking me for someone else. Miss...", I gave her an assist so she could complete the sentence with her name such that I wouldn't raise any suspicion that I already know her.

"I am Nakano Itsuki..." Goal!, "...but just call me Itsuki. I am new at this school, it's nice to meet you." Itsuki introduced herself.

"Nice to meet you too, Itsuki-san. My name is...Conan...Edogawa Conan a-and this here is Uesugi Futaro. He is my friend. So, I assume you don't mind eating with us at this table because there aren't any more empty seats left." I smiled at her.

Futaro suddenly barged in: "Hey, wait a second! Your name isn't...AUTSCH!" Before he could finish his sentence I stepped on his foot with all my might and looked him dead in the eyes. He understood quite quickly.

So we three sat down at the table and started eating our food. I tried to have as less eye contact with her as possible. I might've changed since the last time I saw her but there is still a possibility that she will recognise me. Did I say I changed? Yes, that's true. I became much taller, I wear contact lenses, my hair grew a bit longer and I also started working out. My voice became also a bit manlier but this is the natural results of puberty. I also became more confident. I had to. I learned how to talk to people and I became more independent. In addition, I started looking more happy when I'm in public. The emphasis lies on "looking" because it's all a facade.

"Hey, why are you learning while eating?" Exclaimed Itsuki."That's really disrespectful. Don't you think so too, Edogawa-kun?"

Futaro looked at her and than at me with the look saying "what are you up to?"

He than said: "It's always important to revise the school material before the start of the lesson." Since I've met him, he always acted like this. He always mentioned that promise he made to that girl which also made me proud of him for never giving up on her. He reminded me of the me from four years ago.

"Mmh I bet your grades aren't that good. Let me take a look." Itsuki snapped Futaro's test exam sheet out of his hand just to realise that he had reached the full score.

"Here it goes again." I thought

"Oh no! Just don't look. How embarrassing" Futaro sarcastically said. Itsuki blushed at that.