Chapter 4: Group Work

The Next Day

—(Y/N) POV—

*beep**beep**beep*

My alarm clock ringed. As I woke up, I gave a big yawn.

"Wuaaaaaah. Gosh, I can't believe what happened yesterday. It's as if everything were a dream. Mmmh, let me check it."

I called Futaro. "Hey Futaro! Can you just confirm that you're tutoring five girls at the same time?"

"Yes, I am, and one of them is your former femdom."

"I hope your Kyoto girl is also one of them. Then we will see who laughs last." I said a bit frustrated by his comment.

"Oh, come on. It's not that she's in my class~" he teased. I could feel he had a smile on his face.

"Why do you sound so happy? You're not usually in a good mood and I know you are not in a position to be glad about tutoring them."

"Ah well, (Y/N). There might be a chance that I won't have to teach a single one of them and still get paid. I have a plan, my friend! Don't you wanna come to the girls house and see it for yourself?"

"As much as I would like to, I won't. I have my principles."

With that, we both hung up and I readied myself to go to school, but I realized that I might face Nino before first period starts.

"Should I just be absent today? It's just the second day."

At School

"Take your seat, students! The lesson begins. Wait! Where's (L/N)-san?" The teacher asked

Silence.

In that moment, the door opened.

"I am here, sensei! Please excuse my late arrival." I excused myself.

"No...It's okay; you're right on time. Just take a seat. We were just about to start."

I nodded and went to my seat without looking at Nino, a smile on my face. I've decided to come to school because staying at home would be too boring. I can't feel at ease there anyway. If I entered the classroom when the teacher was there, my social interaction would be equal to zero; that's why I came last second. You've got to be smart in life.

A few Minutes Later

"Oho just look at that. Why are you suddenly so motivated (L/N)-san? Did Nino's presence affect you that much that you're showing your best to her." The teacher seemed to have his fun with me.

All the students in the class looked at me. Some were concerned and others were jealous.

"Not at all, sir. It's my way of making it up to you, as I came late today. Just take it as an apology."

The real reason I was paying attention was indeed because I wanted to show Nino my best side. I was hoping that if she saw me participating in class, she would give it her all during the lessons as well. And I was right. She didn't look at me or play with her phone. She was actually behaving like a good girl.

"No need to thank me, Futaro. I am always there for a brother in need." I thought.

"Is that so?" Mikazuki-sensei smiled at me. And he didn't do that very often. "So how about this. As (L/N)-san is so motivated today, I shall compensate the whole class." He clapped his hands. "We are going to do group work today. Please regroup in pairs with your seat neighbor~"

The whole class shouted. They thanked me even though I hadn't done anything. Mikazuki-sensei never, ever, allowed us to work in groups. That guy just looked at me with a smug smile. He will regret this.