Chapter 3: A Great Reunion

Once the Room was Cleaned

"Uff, that was exhausting. Luckily, I won't be doing this anymore." I said to myself while exiting the room.

I looked down at the living room. There were only four of the five quints. Only the girl with the star-shaped hairpins was missing.

I thought: "Itsuki is still not finished? Should I call he-"

"Bye-bye"

After hearing those words and a loud noise, I decided to go downstairs. I stood on the stairs when I saw Futaro on the ground and Nino smiling at his misfortune. The cup of water lying beside Futaro was proof that Nino drugged him.

"You..." I angrily said. Now showing an annoyed expression. "You just couldn't leave him be, could you?"

She looked at me. Everyone did. Nino's eyes widened, regretful of the thing she just did.

"(Y/N), why-" Nino was interrupted by me.

"DON'T call me like that. We are not that close anymore like we used to be." I descended the stairs and went up to Futaro. "I sincerely thought that you could've changed. I was wrong, of course. Just stay the way you are. This man is trying everything not only to help you with your studies but also his family. The world doesn't only turn around you and your sisters, Nino! How about showing a bit more sympathy towards others?!"

I grabbed Futaro and gave him a piggy-ride. Nino couldn't utter a single word. They were stuck in her throat.

"I didn't know how to confront you. I was really thinking we could at least get along as classmates sooner or later. But you had to pull this off. Thanks Nino! This makes our reunion much quicker and easier." I was making direct eye contact with Nino for the first time in 4 years. It's sad that she made me angry like that. "Let's go Fu! I have to get you out of here."

I left without saying another word. Futaro was quite heavy, and carrying him home would be quite a bother. I just thought that would be my gym session for today.

—3rd person POV—

It was quiet in the living room. Nino was looking down. The innocent boy who once loved her just reprimanded her in the worst way possible. Nino didn't love (Y/N) but she had started to like him four years ago. She considered him her only male friend. In fact, he was the only one who was allowed to talk to her sisters. But her reputation was much more important than treating (Y/N) like a friend.

"Are you crazy, Nino?! Why did you have to drug him?" Ichika killed the silence.

"I... uhm... He was stalking Itsuki... so I assumed he was a threat." Nino tried to defend herself.

"You really had to mess things up again, did you?" Miku was also angry.

"But...why was he here? And why didn't you guys say anything?"

"We didn't know he was here until he got us out of our rooms! We thought you saw him already, and that's why you happily made these cookies, which were supposedly meant for him." Ichika said.

"Why-why would I do something like that?? It's not that I am happy that he finally appeared!"

Miku: "Liar!"

"(Y/N) wanted to surprise everyone. That's why I didn't say anything." Yotsuba pointed out.

The other girls deadpanned.

Itsuki finally reached the living room. "Where are they? I thought they wanted to talk to us?"

Everyone looked at Nino. Then Ichika said: "Well..."