Chapter 41: ...the way you speak is too disgusting. Scram.

The next afternoon, the moment Jian Rong woke up, he received Ding-ge's message telling him to go over.

Ding-ge stared at his face for a while. "You stayed up late last night?"

Jian Rong's skin was pale, so the dark circles under his eyes were very obvious.

Thinking of how he had gone into seclusion for half of the night, clutching his phone, Jian Rong rubbed his eyes. "I had a nightmare and didn't sleep well. Don't worry, it won't hinder my training."

"Don't destroy your body just because you're still young. Giving you all ample time to sleep isn't so that you can pull an all-nighter." Ding-ge lectured him a little before he finally moved onto the main topic. "After coming back from Lunar New Year, your birthday will be coming up soon. Your eighteenth birthday is considered a milestone, do you have anything you want to do?"

"I don't." Jian Rong said, "Does that mean I can resume streaming?"

Not having expected Jian Rong to make that request himself, Ding-ge was momentarily startled.

He had been under the impression that kids only wanted to have fun, and that Jian Rong would ask to have a birthday party or something.

"Mn, I was planning to bring up the matter of resuming streaming with you." Ding-ge coughed. "I took a look, your birthday falls on a Saturday. If you wanted to stream, it'd definitely have to be at night, since you have training during the day. I'm afraid that there won't really be any time to celebrate for you..."

"There's no need for that." Jian Rong said indifferently, "I don't celebrate my birthdays."

Ding-ge lifted an eyebrow in surprise. "Alright. Also, we have to arrange some activities for the streaming day. After all, you're resuming streaming, so you have to give your water friends some benefits. Do you have any opinions on that? We've come up with a few activities, you can pick and choose."

What kind of benefits could there possibly be? He was just a video game streamer; at the most, he could carry water friends or draw some random water friends to come up and have an internal 5v5.

Jian Rong didn't look at the program file that Ding-ge pulled out. "You guys can decide."

Ding-ge: "Then how about this, the day before you resume streaming, we'll open it up for the audience to vote on and they can decide which benefits?"

Jian Rong nodded: "That works."

They chatted for another ten minutes before wrapping up.

Jian Rong had just pulled open the meeting room door when he heard Ding-ge sigh and say slowly, "Jian Rong, when you get to the practice room, could you help me call Xiao Lu over? I have something to discuss with him."

Jian Rong's footsteps paused, and he blurted out, "Can't you get him yourself?"

Ding-ge: "?"

"..." After a brief silence, Jian Rong said curtly, "Got it."

The closer Jian Rong got to the practice room, the slower he walked.