"You talk a whole lot for someone who hasn't even earned the rights to their music—you haven't even been here for a month. I'm the producer, not you." That was all he said for her to lose it. all you could hear was the sound of the beat playing throughout the studio followed by the sound of a click.

I just know he wasn't talking to me clicking the stop button he looks up at her as if she lost her mind "Let's make a couple of things clear, you don't have the right to tell me about my career got it, I'm the one who spent nights writing my shit not you, I'm the one who got signed, I'm the one who produced things on my own so who the hell are you to tell me that I'm not good enough. It ain't my fault your beats are wack and ain't intact."

"I don't even know why I'm even putting up with this. you can do whatever you want—as a matter of fact you can go find another producer to produce your shit since my beats are wack." Talk about a bruise to the ego. With a scoff, Louis packs up his things and storms out of the studio.

Sighing, Imani turned the swivel chair around and faced the soundboard "It's not like I asked you to work with me anyways." She mumbled before proceeding to click a few buttons to get the sound that she wanted.

Two more hours later.

A frustrated groan escapes Imani's lips as she ran a hand through her long tresses. After spending what appeared to be hours dabbling with the soundboard she got nothing and it was killing her.

Pulling out her songbook she proceeded to read some of the lyrics. She had an idea of what she wanted, the melody plaguing her mind but with Louis not making it happen, her hopes were pouring down the drain by the minute.

Knock, knock. The sound of hands quietly hitting the door caused her to pause. Without turning around she mumbled "come in" to whoever was on the other side.

"Yo, is everything good in here with you Imani? cause I saw Louis storm into the lobby like somebody done broke his heart." The smooth baritone voice belonging to none other than DeVanté spoke out with a chuckle causing her to look at him "I figured it had something to do with you so I came here to see what's going on."

Imani wanted to roll her eyes just by the mention of Louis's name "He didn't want to listen to anything I had to say, wanted me to sing some bubble pop ass song which I refused to cause for one it ain't me. Secondly I wanna release something authentic plus I got songs already written—so I told him how I felt he didn't like it and quit." She shrugged.

"One thing about Louis is that he thinks he knows everything and other artists who I know said the same thing." DeVanté adds with a shake of his head.

"You said you wrote some songs?" He asks before sitting beside Imani on an empty swivel chair. she nodded while holding up a small notebook that had her name written on it followed by songs "Everything I've written is in here and there's one song that I wrote and I feel like it'll be a perfect single, and I got others."

"Wait does that mean you're taking on my offer? What happened to Louis." He teased causing Imani to roll her eyes at him.

"You play too much," She says before laughing.

"I'm just messing with you but before I just throw a bunch of beats down your throat what is it that you want your sound to be like."