19 Saudade

My leg is all healed now. And so is my head. Thanks for waiting on me. Hope you have have been doing fine. The chapter is unedited but hey, at least its up. :)

Don't forget to vote and tell me what you think of it :)))

My slumber was rudely interrupted by the rapid knocks on the door

My slumber was rudely interrupted by the rapid knocks on the door. Two helpers in peasant dress caused the ruckus. Both their chins dipped in respect as they curtsied to me. I spot the taller one blushing out of honor at my morning glory. I poke my head and then walk out to an empty foyer- not a single soul in sight other than us three. Shoving my hand inside I retrieved my broken pocket watch to shockingly realize how late I was.

I had slept through the bells, the horrendous noises and hoots the boys make as they pass my room, the morning and into the noon- I had dozed off through it all and made it to the supper. How pleasant was it to be unhinged from it all? But then I smell something pleasant- I smelled of something convivial and thus rushed in the happenings from the night before for me to foremost realize that I had slept in my damp clothes and hair, and the fragrance was from the scented bath water I had slipped and fell into.

More and more nightmares from my reality threatened to pour in, but I looked at the girls in question. I see their badge of Snow gleam, pinned down their shoulder- there are from Moranas service, I read that much.

"Our lord has ordered us to carry you and your belongings into white cliff palace in immediace young sir," one said while the other intertwined "May we?"

My suspicion is a silent choke as words barely spill out from me.

White Cliff- Moranas den.

I am contemplating the odds as the girls stroll in like crawlies and begin to coddle with my side of things. I pick up the silver cage in which cerin sat idle and hug it by my chest, she never whistles except when she senses danger like that in the orphic, they can detect natural calamities and evil use of power in person. I have read about them within the vast collections of the Falls library- impressed by each trait I had taken care of this little bird after Slate had returned her to me.

"Is this yours sir?" the shorter girl asks holding out a wooden comb with flowers carved in its handle. The only feminine item I own to brush my long tress.

"Yes," I say as she puts it inside my knapsack with a smile. I bet they both would share some snickers after I am gone or make up a story about my imaginary lover - spreading the story like wildfire across. I conceal my urge to know more, but I don't. I remember his last parting words clearly-

'Use this for your blisterings hands and don't be late for tomorrow's class'

I hadn't done both.

And now, I am permanently being escorted to his territory.

With all due, I learned something new about highbornes. They are- impeccably impatient. Like a child.