Chapter Fifty Three

My mind kept fluctuating back and forth between wanting to stay here in the valley, or move with my dad. My dad is so much better than my mom, and I can always make new friends, but Benny is what's stopping me.

Maybe I should talk to Benny about it, instead of trying to make this decision on my own.

I stood up from my bed and quickly made my way downstairs and out of the house. I knocked a couple times on Benny's front door.

I only had to wait a couple seconds before he opened it, "Hey, Ro."

"Can we talk?"

He nodded and brought me inside, "What's up?" He took my hand gently an led me into his room. I sat down on the edge his bed.

"Well, this isn't exactly easy to say, but...my dad is moving."

"I'm sorry." He sat next to me.

"And he wants me to go with him."

"Where's he going?"

"Sacramento."

Benny stopped making eye contact with me.

"I don't know if I want to go with him tho-"

"It might be better for you."

"What?"

"Your mom treats you like shit, and you're much more happier with your dad. So, I don't see a reason not to go."

My voice was starting to break, "For you."

"Why me?"

"Don't be stupid, Rodriguez. You know exactly why."

Benny scooted closer to me and pulled me into a hug, which is exactly what I needed: to be held by him. "You should go." He said softly.

With my hand, I held his arm. A tear slowly fell down my cheek, "I don't wanna leave you."

Benny let go of the embrace and held my head with his two hands, making me look at him. "Don't think of it like that. There might be a reason for it. And if we're truly meant to be, we'll find each other again."

* * * *

My bags were all packed and in the trunk of my dad's car. Benny stood in my driveway, ready to say goodbye. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him like it'd be the last time, because it sure as hell felt like it'd be. I didn't want to stop. His lips were so perfect and it felt so right being on mine.

I had a good feeling about this whole moving thing though. I let go of him and let my hand interlock with his fingers, "I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too."

I let go of him completely and slowly walked to the passenger's seat of my dad's car. I waved at him goodbye. And he eventually was in the street, as we continued to drive off.

That was it.

No more Benny.

No more boyfriend.

It would've been nice if he was the one. Benny definitely changed my life, and I will forever be thankful I ran into him. I don't regret a single moment or argument we had together. It all meant something. He made me a better person; he made me learn what love is. I love him. And maybe he is the one. Maybe we're supposed to be apart for a while, but if it's truly meant for us to be, we will cross paths again. Just like he said.

Even if I do end up finding someone else, Benny will always be in my heart. I fell in love with Benjamin Rodriguez.

—The End—

Or so you think.

A/N

There's a sequel lol.

Word Count: 586