Chapter Forty Two

All my belongings were dropped off at my mother's house. I was a little pissed off at the fact I wasn't allowed to keep the furniture my dad had got me. My mom suggested that he just dropped it off at a thrift store.

It was whatever though, I unpacked my few things. I didn't have too much that meant anything to me at my dad's anyway.

I was still a little stressed about this sudden change, and neither my mom or dad were home. So I got ready to leave. I needed to get this stuff off my chest, and Daniel being my best friend would be a great go-to. Then again, Benny lived a lot closer.

Benny and I had just also made up, and I don't think I'm in the right mindset for a relationship. So I continued walking past his house to go to Daniel's.

"Rowan!" I heard someone yell to get my attention. I turned around to see the boy I was just thinking about, Benny.

"Hey." I said, with an awkward expression on my face as he got closer to me.

"You free right now?" He asked, holding onto his baseball glove.

I avoided making eye contact with him, "Yeah."

I could see in the corner of my eye that he was concerned, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I answered, looking at him.

He looked unamused, "I think I know you well enough to tell that something is wrong."

"Benny, we just made up. I don't want to already be putting pressure on you with my problems." I explained.

"It's not gonna be any different from before Rowan."

"My parents are getting back together, and I just know that things aren't going to end well between them."

"I'm really sorry Rowan. I don't know what to say, but you're always welcome to stay at my house whenever."

I smiled a little, "Thanks Benny."

"You know Rowan. I'm tired of this shit."

"What?"

"We're always having our ups and downs, but we always find our way back to each other. You're a lot to deal with, but I want to deal with it. I know in the end once I can fix you, it'll be worth it. So, Rowan. Will you-"

I cut him off, "Benny I'm not someone you can just fix. I'm a drug addict, with a fucked up family. If anyone needs to fix me it's myself."

"But I've helped you before. Why can't I just continue?"

"Yes Benny, you've helped me. I'm better than when I first moved here. But I'm not gonna let you 'fix me.' You deserve better than me. I don't even know why you like me I wish you didn't because I know I've been such a bitch to you and I'm sorry Benny."

"So, once you're better, would you consider being my girlfriend?"

I sighed, "I would love to be your girlfriend Benny, but I need to learn to deal with myself first. So, yes."

He brought me into a hug. I think this is what being in love feels like. "I'll wait for you as long as it takes." He said.

Word Count: 581

A/N

I think I'm just going to end the story right here, I know I took forever for this, pero my mental health is really bad. 😍😍 I'll probably make more chapters in the future, but for now this is the ending. Sorry, but thank y'all for reading I do appreciate it. <3