Chapter Twelve

We all heard the bell rang, we decided to ignore it and continue smoking til our blunts we're burnt to a crisp. Even though the school's football team came out to practice, none of us gave a shit. They didn't either.

A guy from the football team came up to us and sat down when they were all taking a water break. "You the new girl huh?" He asked right as he sat down really close to me.

I clutched my backpack slightly and scoot over a bit, distancing myself away from him, "Yeah." I answered.

"I'm Cameron, you are?"

"Rowan."

I noticed how similar the boy was to one of my ex crushes, just by his looks. He was tall, almost 6 foot, he had brunette hair that was usually called "needing a haircut soon", but it was parted down the middle. He had beady brown eyes, which definitely made my heart jump a little.

"So you guys really out here ditching class just to smoke?" He asked turning to the rest of us.

"Yup." Answered Maya as she emphasized the letter P.

My blunt was almost out, so I kept taking small puffs of the little bit I had left. Cameron began to chuckle at the fact I burnt my fingers and dropped it. Worst feeling ever.

The girls threw their blunts under the bleachers as they finished. "So...new girl." Cameron began.

"It's Rowan." I spat with a rude tone in my voice. This guy may be cute, but he is already getting on my nerves.

"Rowan." He corrected himself, "What you doing after school?"

I thought about it for a moment, and I really didn't have anything to do other than work on my science project, "Nothing." I answered. The science project isn't important to me anyway.

"You wanna grab something to eat with me then?" He offered.

I put a fake smile on my face to be polite, "Sure."

"Alright, meet me at the bike racks after school." He got up from the bleachers and walked back to his teammates.

I looked back at the girls and their jaws were dropped. "What?"

"You just got a date with the captain of the football team!" Exclaimed Alison.

I nodded, "Cliche."

"Your life is like a rom-com." Stated Alondra.

"Alright, I'm outta here." I stood up from the bleachers and left. I didn't feel like going to class, but then again I only have two more periods left. So it's not too much to suffer from.

*    *    *    *

The bell was about to ring, to let us know it was the end of class. Students were rushing to pack up their belongings and to line up at the door, but me on the other hand, I took my sweet time.

Benny walked up to me, I could see something was making him nervous, "Hey Rowan."

"What's up?" I asked stuffing my text book into my bag.

"Would you like to come to the sandlot with me after school?"

Benny's Pov:

"Would you like to come to the sandlot with me after school?" I asked Rowan. Hoping she'd say yes of course. I was nervous to bring a girl to the sandlot. I didn't know if the boys we're gonna be okay with it. Let alone I never brought a girl to play baseball.