A ball, A gown and A prince

3 months later

Salimat stared at her white gown in the mirror, it was an A line cut, with gown embellishment around the neckline and sleeves, it was beautiful dress, she peered it with a pair of simple pearl stud errings, a pearl necklace and white flats, her pregnant belly protruded slightly, she rubbed her tummy, sighing.

I look fat she said turning to stare at her husband, Maybe I shouldnt attend, I can so so to represent me she has a copy of my speech she said anxiously.

You look beautiful and you are attending you worked so hard for this charity ball and you are not missing out, come on. All those girls will be looking forward to seeing you, their idol. Najib said closing the distance between them and giving a small peck on her forehead, he was also dressed in a white kaftan, he paired it with a blue fula and blue shoes.

Salimat breathed in his cologne, his scent relaxing her, you wouldnt believe that just a few months back she had hated the exact same scent.

Come on lets go, we dont want to be late, that wouldnt be very host like of us Najib joked.

She giggled at his expression, I thought you were an advocate of fashionable late she said, wiggling her eyebrows at him.

yes, and I still am, but not today, not on your day he whispered, smiling lovingly down at her, causing her stomach to tingle with butterflies or just the baby she guessed.

Lets check on Ya Dije before we go she suggested, the smile on her lips melting away,

Najib smile also vanished, he hated seeing his wife worried and although a certain part of him felt pity toward Dije but not at the expense of his wifes well being, he knew she still blames herself for what happened to Dije, but honestly what that what you get for making friends or in better words conniving and scheming with the wrong people.

They both headed to Dijes room and Salimat went in, while he just stood at the entrance, the room was dimly lit, the windows shut closed, he could spy Dijes form under the duvet.

Salima sat on the bed, looking down at dijes sleeping form, she gently tapped on her am, Dijes eyes fluttered open, a small smile formed on her lips as her baby sister came into view, she picked up her iPad which she had placed beside her and typed away.

You look beautiful it read, she turned it around and showed it to Salimat.

Thank you Salimat blushed ever so slightly, she was still getting used to Dijes nicer and kinder side.

We are going out Salima said, gesturing to her husband behind her, for the charity even, remember? she asked, Dije nodded, still smiling up at her sister in awe.

I cant believe I am missing it, I am so proud of you Sallie, I cant to watch all the video clips and see all the pictures Dije typed, before showing It to her sister.

Salima laughed a little after reading it, I wish you could make it too, but you need to rest and heal she said, her eyes tearing up.

Dije smile morphed into a sad one, her hand unconsciously came up to touch the ghastly scar on her throat.

dont forget to ring the bell anytime you need help, so so and Nurse Aisha you come to help you, I will do my best to come back early.

come on sis, I am mute not parlayed, I can take care of myself, now go or you will be late Dije typed.

Salimat stood up, laughing after reading what her sister had typed, ok ok, I am leaving, I love you

I love you too Dije gestured, she watched her sisters retreating from, she felt guilty, the person she had been so cruel to for some many years, has been the one by her side during this terrible time, her hand went unconsciously went to her scar again, maybe this was actually a bless in disguise, at least now she was awake to the realities of life.

Salima careful shut the door behind her, smiling up at her husband, shall we? she asked.

yes we shall she answered, giving her an elbow, she wrapped her arm around his and they left for the event.